Cruise Directors

We have just returned from two weeks on the Radiance with Gordon Whatman who is without a doubt the most fantastic Cruise Director at sea. We heard that when Gordon goes on vacation in September Alan Brooks takes over.

We are sailing back to back Hawaii on the Radiance for 21 days and do not know Alan Brooks who will be the C.D. at that time.

Has anyone sailed with Alan and can you tell us if you enjoyed sailing with him.

Thanks.

Karen and Bob

We loved Gordon too on EOS 15/11/2003. I just would've liked to hear him sing more.
Best CD for me was Becky Thompson on Brilliance 2002. She really was great the life and soul. I think she's on Mariner now. Tromler, if she's still there say hi from Garry and Jo
'Allo luv.

We just got back from the Mariner a week ago and have to agree Becky is fabulous. Her energy was super at every event and she participated in most everyone and wasn't a ghost cruise director. She made the Quest game a ton of fun and just remember....always say Hello Love!

We sailed on Serenade maiden voyage to New England and Canada in August. Alan Brooks just started there as CD. He was very good- visible, approachable and funny. I don't know what you expect in a CD, but you will at the worst think Alan is pleasant and good- and maybe even great. No need to worry. (He showed up at our CC Meet and Mingle and fielded rough questions from seasoned cruisers very well). He even implemented some minor changes the group requested.
We had "Rico" on the Majesty last June- he just didn't cut it- in fact, my kids kept laughing everytime he opened a show or made an announcement- too "plastic" -it was enjoyable since it was our "private joke" - oops - no longer private.

Alan Brooks was the CD on my Serenade repo cruise last October/November. I absolutely LOVED him!! Very funny, very friendly and approachable. Highly visible throughout the cruise. I also found him to be really cute;)

You will enjoy your cruise with Alan as CD.

Archived