Vowel Renewal

Decpl

Hey, guys.. ya know sometimes in a rush you just don't spell something right????? I'm sure the OP was referring to vow renewal and therefore.

I respectfully ask that the games be "called" and let's see if anyone would like to answer the question re "VOW RENEWAL"?????

Here are my thoughts. All the playing around keeps this thread "Up Top" for more CruiseCriters who had "Vow Renawals" to post their thoughts. Their have been some good answers so far

AJs Grandpa

Yes, we renewed our vow on the Sapphire earlier this year. We went for the top package--included a bridge tour, daily canapes, and one or two other things. (I'm sure details are on the Princess website.) The ceremony itself is the same regardless of the package.

While it probably varies from ship to ship and voyage to voyage (based on demand), we had no trouble getting a time we wanted on the afternoon of a formal evening. We had a joint ceremony with a couple traveling with us, but I have no doubt we could have been alone if we wished.

We had our TA arrange it ahead of time. My buddy and I surprised our wives. They had no idea of it until we got on board and a bottle of champagne and announcement were delivered to each cabin. From that point, we worked all details with one of the assistant pursers.

Worth every penny. Go for it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

crusdiva

DH and I just renewed our vows onboard the Star. It was our 25th anniversary and it was wonderful.

We made the arrangements when we booked but somehow when we got onboard they had no record of it. No problem, a quick trip to the Pursar's desk to speak with the person in charge and all was well.

It was a private ceremony - if you don't count the 15 or so people we invited once we got onboard. We wanted it on the second sea day as that was our actual anniversary and that's exactly what happened.

All the arrangements are made by an events coordinator - one of the pursar's staff and ours was terrific. We asked for our door to be decorated and on our anniversary day, it was. You'll get a letter sent to your cabin with all the details and then after the ceremony you'll get a copy of the vows as well as a certificate signed by the Captain.

We did the $205 package and it included my bouquet, DH's boutonnière, champagne, two champagne glasses, a formal portrait, a ships photographer to record the whole thing...and I may be forgetting something...

Again, we loved it - even with the little drama of it not being on record. It was beautifully done and very moving. I didn't expect it to be so emotional.

The vows are your standard wedding vows - slightly varied because they reflect upon your time together.

Here's a link to our copy:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/cpebmw/a...29407776#page1

You walk in together. The Captain is waiting for you and greets you at the podium. We did an exchange of rings as well.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

CruiseChat

We renewed our vows on the Sea Princess (25th wedding anniversary). It was done up very nicely. We had 17 other folks with us and it was a private ceremony. It was great. We got to choose which night so we chose the first formal night and it worked out great.

It was well worth the cost ($185 if I recall correctly) - so go for it!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

slsmartin

Thumbs up Wonderful

We had a wonderful experience with our vow renewal on the Tahitian this past summer. We splurged for the deluxe package and it was worth every penny - our 30th anniversary. We were able to choose the day - and it was private not group (we did have 8 friends attend - and there was champagne for all.) The bridge tour while at sea was fantastic - as well as all the other goodies that came with the package.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I agree with derf5585.. there have been some great answers. I also believe that we all knew that it was an honest mistake, we were having some fun from the OP's honest mistake. I like to laugh at life and the odd things that happen in life including other peoples honest mistakes. If I had made the mistake, I hope I could laugh along with everyone else about my typo. I don't think anyone was trying to be offensive... and yes... the OP did get some great SERIOUS answers. Sorry if the OP was offended, that was not my intention.

Archived