Weather out of NY

mark&donna

We were thinking about the Noordam 10 or 11 days out of NY. In Jan -March. I was wandering how long it would take to get to good weather.

We live in Boston and can drive down to NY. Or maybey it's better to fly to Fla. for a seven day Eastern and arrive a day earlly. Ah so many choices:)

I did the Noordam's 10-day out of NYC last March 15th. It was positively HOT at lifeboat drill, but I was probably overheated from embarkation/unpacking, etc. plus all that body heat jammed in at the lifeboats.

I enjoyed the aft deck on the first full day (Thursday), and was joined by many, many others by that Friday.

Coming home was fine outdoors until the very last day. By then it was cold, cloudy, getting ready for a storm. Even I came in by early afternoon.

Now, if you're from New England you know full well that the weather can run to the extremes in the blink of an eye. Expect that the first day out and last day back will be unpleasant outdoors but the rest of the time there will at least be some spots that are comfortable.

btw---there's a bus service direct to the pier that's cost effective over driving.

There is a bus from Boston; also one from Providence (I used that one). It's under the HAL Homecity program and is booked with HAL via your TA. The Boston bus may go directly to the pier, or have stops in other cities, based on the numbers of people signed up on your sailing. It leaves Boston at 6:30; it leaves Providence at 7:30. (On my cruise Providence had it's own bus, and we made no other pick-ups.) There is a return bus when the cruise is over.

The WSOD is this board's affectionate (:rolleyes: ) term for a "hang-up" when posting a reply. After the "submit" button is hit a white screen appears and ---nothing else happens. If you hit "refresh" you move on, but your post appears twice. Sometimes three times (I hit a triple play yesterday :D ).

Mark & Donna,

the ms Noordam IV, is the newest and most technically proficient ship in HAL's fleet of 13 now. February this year 2006 AD it left NYC, NY on its Inagural Run as well opend a brand new Port of Call and Cruise Pier then.

The library is the largest afloat.. well not as large as the main NYC Library behind Bryant Park 40th and 42nd Sts. with the Two Lions when you enter in the front...

Why not fly the Shuttle from Boston , Logan to Newark , NJ Liberty instead of driving?

Jan.- March here is usually cooler with some percipatation. This winter now they are calling for a mild winter.

Coming out of NY Harbor (Harbour) passing the Statue of Liberty in NJ on Liberty Island is a joyus sight. The temperature usually warms in a day or two with the Gulf Stream going down the Eastern Seaboard.

Shop the best price for the ship and trip you want. HAL is a wonderful understated line which gets better each time aboard the ships.

Yes your bottom line is so very correct..

So very many good choices .. a wonderful freedom we all have..:cool:

We were thinking about the Noordam 10 or 11 days out of NY. In Jan -March. I was wandering how long it would take to get to good weather.

We live in Boston and can drive down to NY. Or maybey it's better to fly to Fla. for a seven day Eastern and arrive a day earlly. Ah so many choices:)

Yes each and every time it is a wonderful site. When you leave on the ms Noordam IV then you will see the Statue of Liberty UpLit..standing tall for all.

When in the Borough of Manhattan, NYC, NY on the Island try the Ferry to the Forgotten Borough.. thats Staten Island.. as I know the New Englanders frugalness well being of some of that stock.. the Staten Island Ferry is FREE and next to Battery Park on the Tip of Manhattan Island where the originnal settlement of the Dutch were...

I have a Boston Red Sox Blanket my American Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers use *S*

Go Patriots now!

Thanks Ruth

I'll look into the bus'

AAA I figured sailing out of NY harbor must be unreal.

We've been down to NYC a few times. Great city. Go Red Sox:)

If I were you, I would fly to FL and be assured of good weather.We sailed Maasdam out of Norfolk one February. Weather and seas were cold and very rough all the way down..

Archived