Formal Night Info Please -- Crown, 11/25

JessInNY

Hello!

Can someone help us? We would like to know what nights are formal nights on the Crown and what night specifically is lobster night. We are hoping to spend one formal night at Sterling Steak House, then the other in the dining room, for the lobster.

And, what movies are playing? Does one just go or do you need to sign up somewhere for the evening shows?

And, any other good "tips" are greatly appreciated.

THank you. Have a good night.

Jess

Hello!

Can someone help us? We would like to know what nights are formal nights on the Crown and what night specifically is lobster night. We are hoping to spend one formal night at Sterling Steak House, then the other in the dining room, for the lobster.

And, what movies are playing? Does one just go or do you need to sign up somewhere for the evening shows?

Jess

Jess,

For starters, it isn't called Sterlings on the Crown...it's the Crown Grill, and this is where you'll find the lobster, both with and without the extra fee. Lobster is served in the regular dining rooms on one of the formal nights...can't remember which one now. We sailed on the Crown in October for one of the 9 night cruises, but traditionally, the 2nd and 2nd to last nights are formal on a 7 day cruise. The movies playing last month were Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Geisha, Fun With Dick and Jane, Pride and Prejudice, The Devil Wears Prada, and Narnia....there may have been a few others, but those are all I can remember off the top of my head...and no, you don't have to make reservations to see the evening shows. Happy sailing.:)

Hello!

Jess

Hi Jess. I will be on the same November 25 sailing and have found out that the formal nights will be Monday and Thursday. I would expect the lobster night in the main dining room to be Thursday as it was served the second formal night when I was on Crown Princess in August. Also instead of a Sterling steak house they have the Crown Grill which is a seafood and steak house on Crown Princess.

Archived