OBC? Book a cabin for another couple, do they get OBC?

vmom

On our next cruise coming up we are planning on booking a cabin for DH and myself. We would also like to book a cabin for another couple who will be going with us. I know we would get OBC for our cabin, but what about the other cabin? Do they get any sort of credit?

Thanks!

Sorry, don't mean to be contrary, but when I sailed Radiance in September, the loyalty ambassador (Soledad) refused to apply OBC to additional reservations I was making for other couples sailing with us on a future cruise. When I pressed her, she said that the other ambassadors were "breaking the rules" by applying credit to anyone not sailing when the booking is made. So I guess your mileage may vary.

Sorry, don't mean to be contrary, but when I sailed Radiance in September, the loyalty ambassador (Soledad) refused to apply OBC to additional reservations I was making for other couples sailing with us on a future cruise. When I pressed her, she said that the other ambassadors were "breaking the rules" by applying credit to anyone not sailing when the booking is made. So I guess your mileage may vary.

I agree with Soledad, why should RCI give the OBC to someone who really didn't book onboard :confused: :confused:

###

I agree with Soledad, why should RCI give the OBC to someone who really didn't book onboard

I'm not saying I necessarily disagreed with her position, only that it was contrary to what everyone else was saying.

As to why it might make sense to offer it, it's still an incentive to "book now" particularly if only part of a future party is currently on board. But I don't really take issue with the policy, if is indeed the policy - I was just disappointed because so many people had told me I could.

I should point out that I wasn't trying to book random people on a random cruise. I had two other couples I had convinced to go on a cruise with me, and booked them on the same cruise.

I was able to book a two cabins while on board a cruise one for myself and my niece and one for my Brother and Sister in law. I was the only one on board at the time. Both cabins received the obc. The loyalty ambassador told me that each person on board was allowed to book two cabins and receive the credit.

Got OBC when booking several cabins (on multiple cruises) for other people this past August while on the Mariner, no problem. The LA there acted like she does it all the time. However, I did put all deposits under my own credit card.

Got OBC when booking several cabins (on multiple cruises) for other people this past August while on the Mariner, no problem. The LA there acted like she does it all the time. However, I did put all deposits under my own credit card.

So I guess I'm the only one that was refused, lol. Just my luck! :)

So I guess I'm the only one that was refused, lol. Just my luck! :)

I was refused on several occasions. The only way we have ever been able to get OBC for 2 cabins is if I book a cabin and DH books a cabin and the deposit goes on our credit card immediately (same credit card). We have done this several different times for our family. We book our cabin and then book family member's cabin. I put my name on one cabin and DH puts his name on the other cabin. I hope this makes sense:confused:

We have never been able to book more than 2 cabins and get OBC for them.

I guess it must depend on how the stars are aligned and what ship you are on.

On the Monarch we booked two cabins. We did not split the cabins between us (wife and I) and both cabins received credit.

When we attempted this on the Radiance were were told no can't do it.

Archived