Recent Volendam Cruise

mcfreda

Hi there, hope you might be able to give some info.

In Curacao, did you port outside of Curacao or did you go past the floating bridge and port in the heart of Curacao. and

Did you stay til midnight and were fireworks done when you left.

Thanks in advance:) ,

Maryann

We were on the Volendam in Feb... we ported just outside and it was about a 10 minute walk into town. The area looked new with a cobbled walkway (you can't really get lost) and there were a few shops before you get into town.

Also, when we went, the floating bridge was down/broken and we didn't pass through the town to get to the dock (which i was looking forward too).

Curacao is one of my favourite islands... pretty, clean, friendly.. losts of shopping.

Also, the water taxi/ferry to get to the other side was free due to the bridge being out.

Have docked in both places. Depends who we are in port with. The dock outside the bridge was designed for the larger ships.

Read a comment from someone who was just there and they left about 9pm(?) and there were no fireworks when they left port.

This is the port that they usually have the BBQ at.

Jim & Ruth

We were on the 10/24 and 11/03 cruises. HAL has been docking outside at the Mega pier.

We were told by James Deering that Curacao has paid for the fireworks in the past put now - no more fireworks.

Both cruises we left at 10 PM.

The only thing that happened -- the Rif Fort flashed a couple of large flood lights as we left.

Thanks all -- I was hoping we'd go into the harbor, past the floating bridge as we're the only ship scheduled to be there that day, and no fireworks either:eek: , oh well. Glad I wasn't looking for this port to be the "highlight" of the cruise, hehehe:D .

Maryann

Archived