Mariner pools

junobeach

Cool! I'm a salt water girl myself. :p Although, I bet the water is cold! ??? Actually I have to admit that the pool on the the Golden Princess got really really warm. Almost not refreshing! I don't do hot tubs on ships, (unless I see I'm the first one in it since it was cleaned) but I'm a pool person.

One thing about pools on ships...I always shower before I go in the pool but I feel silly in the shower by the pool. It feels really weird to shower (clothed of course) in front of everyone! <70's music> Wa chica chica chica Wa...LOL

No, only on the Freedom of the Seas is the water "salt" in the pools.

I just wanted to clarify for the original Op and rsscaptain.

Not sure what you mean by the first sentence. Are you telling the OP that no there are on fresh water pools on the Marnier or are you trying to say that the Freedom has salt water pools?

On the Enchantment last Feb, 1 of the pools had fresh water, and one pool had salt water. So, on the Mariner, is there one of each or do all the pools have salt water in them.

When I was on Mariner in April '06, all the pools were salt water.

I e-mailed RCI with this question on the Mariner pools and received this response:

Dear RCI customer:

The ships have a procedure in place to ensure that the swimming pools are drained, cleaned and sanitized.

The pool water is drawn from the sea.

While in recirculation mode, the swimming pool water shall be filtered and disinfected by bromination or chlorination to maintain a free halogen residual 1.0-3.00 mg/L (ppm). Halogenation and pH tests shall be carried out every 4 hours.

Enjoy your cruise !!

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Sandra Brent

Customer Service Representative

We were on Mariner last spring w our dd 8. I don't know how tall/old your kids are but my dd is quite tall for her age. It was still pretty deep for her. Also, there are no floaties etc for the kids so if they're shorter or not great swimmers, bring water wings. Your kids will LOVE the kids club, for you - don't miss Chops. Have fun!

Archived