Royal Suite on mariner--anyone sailed in it?

We are just off the Mariner on the 4th of July sailing although we had a lowly inside cabin and not the Owners Suite. My opinion is the money we saved will allow us to cruise many more times and enjoy the same services you get if you use the Owners Suite. The ship was beautiful. It was packed, but never crowded. Becky is fabulous as a cruise director and we had fun every single day and night.

We are just off the Mariner on the 4th of July sailing although we had a lowly inside cabin and not the Owners Suite. My opinion is the money we saved will allow us to cruise many more times and enjoy the same services you get if you use the Owners Suite. The ship was beautiful. It was packed, but never crowded. Becky is fabulous as a cruise director and we had fun every single day and night.

Glad you had a fun cruise! But I'm still hoping for first hand info on the Royal Suite in order to better plan my vacation. I don't have enough vacation time to take more than one cruise every year or two and still do the other travelling that I enjoy doing, so booking a lower cabin to save money doesn't really apply.

Anne

Anne

Why is that so many beat up on those interested in a Royal Suite for spending the amount of money that it costs? Maybe these people have an extra-special occasion, maybe a once-in-a-lifetime-before-we-die thing, or maybe that's just how they want to travel and can afford it.

We only cruise every couple of years so we can afford a suite. We drive a big truck for a living so when we get out of the truck on vacation we want room to move around, and not step on each other as we live in something the size of a large bathroom 8 weeks at a time. Just wanted to say why we get a suite.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a debate. If you want to debate categories, start a new thread for it.

If you don't have first-hand experience in the Royal Suite on the Mariner, please don't post to this thread. If you do have first hand experience, please let me know, I'd love to pick your brain. Thanks.

Anne

I am interested to hear about this suite too. My fiance and I are getting married 8/13/05 in Orlando and staying in the RS for the 8/14 - 8/21/05 sailing. We chose this option because about 30 family and friends are joining us on our honeymoon (2nd marriage for both of us) and we are always party central. No better place to be party central than in the RS, right?

Mark & Janet

Anne Well I can't help you with the Mariner Royal Suite but I can help you with the Royal Suite in general as I stayed in the Royal Suite on Adventure in January. Let me know if I can help!

By the way mdmourges the RS can be Party Central we had a great time with the RS and met a lot of fun people! We loved the Art auctioneer and his wife who are on the Mariner right now-Arthur and Sarah. We also got to eat dinner with the Captain who was incredible and go on the bridge for a sailaway which was the highlight of the entire trip for me! This was by far the best RCCL cruise I have ever been on..................

We have friends and family going on Enchantment in October and have the RS again. I can't wait!

Thanks so much! I've gotten some very mixed information, even RCCL doesn't seem to have consistent info on some of my questions...

1. Do we pre-board with C&A members, or wait in line?

2. Do we get priority disembarkation for shore excursions, etc.?

3. Do we get priority reservations for Chops and Portofino's?

4. Do we get priority for Spa reservations?

5. Is there a full bar setup--including alcohol in the suite? If so can you "trade" spirits for wine or different spirits?

6. Do they keep you stocked with mixers and soda?

7. Is there a second bathroom other than the two room main bath? In other words are there actual two rooms with toilets?

8. Did you have both a table and chairs suitable for dining as well as loungers on the verandah?

9. How did you arrange to tour the bridge, etc.? As we are cruising with friends, dining with the Captain isn't anything we'd be interested in.

10. As far as setting up alternate dining/shore excursions/spa did you go to the concierge lounge or did they meet you in your suite?

11. Anything else you'd like to tell me about?

TIA!!!

Anne

1. We were directed to a "Suite" line which was also for Platinum and Diamond members as I recall.

2. I don't know about the priority disembarkation as we never asked I had booked all my excursions prior to the cruise.

3 & 4. The minute you say room 1620 or Royal Suite you get priority for just about anything- which is actually a very nice perk!

5. There is a full bar set-up- We had Gin, Rum, Vodka, Whiskey, and Scotch. I did not trade out but I did also have bottles of wine and I was told you can trade out. For example next time I'm trading the Gin for Wine!

6. We had Seltzer, Tonic Water, 7-Up, Coke, and Diet Coke well stocked as well as bottled water at no additional charge at all times.

7. The bathroom actually has a huge shower that turns into a steam room and also has a separate whirlpool tub and two large sinks. Attached to that is almost another smaller bathroom. It has a door and can be closed off from the "larger" bathroom. This is where your toilet, bidet, and another sink is. FYI... the bedroom also has a very nice sitting area to do make-up and hair....

8. TThe balcony has a small "cocktail" like table at best with two small chairs and two lounge chairs outside. Now this is where Mariner could be different as Adventure has a hot tub on the Balcony and Navigator and Mariner do not so they could have larger tables and/or more chairs.........

9. We were actually invited to the bridge by the Marketing director and the Art Auctioneer but I guess as you are in the RS it does not hurt to ask! Get with the Concierge.

10. We had the Concierge set-up the Spa treatments, and change an excursion time for us. That really is a great service to have so don't be afraid to use it for anything! We even had an impromtu party after dinner one night and the concierge set us right up!!!

11. I LOVED Portofinos and would highly recommend it!

12. That room is phenomenal, it really is. Cruising in general is wonderful but the experience we had in January and the people we met as well as the added space and service was worth every penny! I cannot wait to do it again. This time I'm going with family and friends all first time cruisers with the exception of me and my husband. If you have any other questions fire away. Otherwise have a wonderful time and write a review when you get back and I might just have to go on Mariner next year!!! Oh and if you see Arthur & Sarah tell them Alyse & Charlie from the Adventure Royal Suite in January say Hello I have a feeling they will remember my husband very well even though we didn't buy a stitch of artwork!!! :-)

Alyse,

Thank you, thank you!

I just want to clarify then, there is only ONE toilet in the cabin?

Did you have any meals served in the cabin? When we cruised on another line, I had full breakfast brought in every morning, as I enjoy starting my day slowly when I'm on vacation.

Thanks again!

Anne

Yes. 1 Toilet and 1 Bidet! :-)

We had breakfast brought in every morning that's how I like to start the day when I'm on vacation too! But no other meals........

Alyse

Archived