Anyone heard of "Passion Island"?

Donna42

Has anyone been to Passion Island lately? If so please tell me about your experience there. There will be 8 ships at Cozumel on 11/23....so we are thinkng about paying the ransom price for Passion Island;) ...is it worth it? Do they limit the number of guests? Is it really for cruise guests only? We don't drink alcoholic drinks but do drink lots of water and some of the foo-foo virgin drinks.....husband loves to snorkel, I am happy laying in the shade reading a book and cooling off in the water. ......how is the food? Is it a buffet or an order from the menu? TIA for your reply.

I am also interested in Passion Island. My question is about getting back. Do you have to go back at any certain time? Can you stay longer than your tour?

Any details would be helpful, as this is very vague in the information provided by the cruise ship.

Passion Island is a great day at the beach! You will be taken by bus through the business district to the North side of the Island where you will board a small boat and be whisked across to the private island for a day of fun in the sun. The 3 times that I have been there it has never been crowded as some other beaches are. There are even areas where you can have the whole beach to yourself. The food is buffet style, with grilled fish and chicken, rice, beans, guacamole, chips, fresh fruits and vegetables, etc...! Open bar w/ as much liquor or beer as you wish to consume. The restrooms are very clean and there is even an attendant there to hand you a paper towel when you wash your hands! They have games, such as water balloon toss and volleyball. There are palm tress and tropical plants that really give this a paradise feel. It's a good excursion to take for those that want a day at the beach w/out the worry of having to find your own transportation or worry about the ship leaving you...etc.

[quote name='TexBeaumont']Passion Island is a great day at the beach! You will be taken by bus through the business district to the North side of the Island where you will board a small boat and be whisked across to the private island for a day of fun in the sun. The 3 times that I have been there it has never been crowded as some other beaches are. There are even areas where you can have the whole beach to yourself. The food is buffet style, with grilled fish and chicken, rice, beans, guacamole, chips, fresh fruits and vegetables, etc...! Open bar w/ as much liquor or beer as you wish to consume. The restrooms are very clean and there is even an attendant there to hand you a paper towel when you wash your hands! They have games, such as water balloon toss and volleyball. There are palm tress and tropical plants that really give this a paradise feel. It's a good excursion to take for those that want a day at the beach w/out the worry of having to find your own transportation or worry about the ship leaving you...etc.[/quote]

[B][COLOR=red]thanks so much for your reply and the information. Do you happen to remeber when the tour started and ended? We are going to be in Cozumel from 7A-7P....but don't want to spend the entire day on the island.....as the previous posted asked...can you come and go as you wish or are there specific times. since the hurricane are there areas of shade or umbrellas or palapas??[/COLOR][/B]

Hi to all! I am trying to get some information on Passion Island and am so glad to ahve found this thread! Can anyone tell me what time the tour leaves and returns? We are in Cozumel from 7A-7P.....and hope to be able to sleep in a bit. What do you that have been recently suggest one take with them? This is a long thread so if these questions have been answered please excuse this post.TIA

I was there in march with my mother. You cannot come and go as it takes a ferry to get there. The tour if I remember correctly was approx 5 hours. There are some crafters there but all in all you are limited to the island itself.

It is a great place as the staff is very friendly. I do remember that the bus takes you back to the shopping district. ( you can opt to go right back to the ship area or get off at the shopping area. )

We were on the Jewel and our hours were about the same as yours. We had time to enjoy the beach and then browse around the shops and even stopped and had a drink before taking a taxi back to the ship. We could have walked back to the ship but my mother is 64 and I felt it worth the 5 dollars to take the taxi. ( the taxi cost was 5.00 total for both of us)

Hubby and I will be there Oct 31st and I am planning on doing this excursion again.

Just returned from Passion Island - It was very nice -could have used some more time there. Food, drinks, sand, water, etc. were all awesome. There is some shopping - The island is very well maintained -a great way to spend the day!

Terry, Could you please tell me if there were any areas to sit in the shade after the hurricane? I have seen several photos of the island and never see any umbrellas, just a few palapas. We are thinking of going there Thanksgiving week and my mom is coming with us and needs the shade. The rest of us like to burn ourselves to a crisp;) . Thanks

Terry, Could you please tell me if there were any areas to sit in the shade after the hurricane? I have seen several photos of the island and never see any umbrellas, just a few palapas. We are thinking of going there Thanksgiving week and my mom is coming with us and needs the shade. The rest of us like to burn ourselves to a crisp;) . Thanks

Yes, there were several areas in the shade - go and enjoy!

We will be going to Passion Island in December and would love to read everyone's reviews when you get back ;) Passion Island sure does sound like paradise! I can't wait. Everyone have a great time and post your reviews when you get back.

P.S. Pictures are great too ! :)

Thanks,

Cali :)

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

I was there 5 days ago!!!! My husband is not a lay on the beach and play in the water type. He actually told me that of all the things I had planned while at port he was the least excited about this.....it ended up being his favorite! There is a 30 minute bus ride, part which was on an unpaved road, and then a 10-15 minute boat ride to the island. Our guide was Alex....he was GREAT! The day we were there it was very quiet. Only 2 cruise ships were there. And by the way yes the island is only for people from the cruise ships. No local people. There are 15 Mayan people that live on the island and take care of it. Anyway, we were the first on the island. My husband and I pulled some lounge chairs under and palm tree (I was already burned from previous days). And relaxed while the waitors brought us corona after corona. The water is shallow so you can walk out quite a ways before you can't stand. One man found starfish while there! As mentioned before me it is buffet style lunch. The rice and guacamole were soooo good!I am not a rice fan and I liked it alot! You get 3 hours on the island before it is time to go. The boat ride back accross was I think the worse part. You are in direct sunlight and it is HOT. BRING A HAT! You cannot come and go as you please. You leave with your group. There is also a little shopping available on the island. Anyway, my husband has been calling everyone he knows to brag about passion island. I am going to try and include a couple pictures we took.

passionisland2.jpg

PassionIsland1.jpg

Hey fellow so cal gal !! We are goin to be in coz in dec too. Will be on Radiance. Im trying to find out info on island too. Sounds great doesnt it. Will be there with my whole gang,mom,dad,3 kids,husband so I need to find family friendly places.

Hey fellow so cal gal !! We are goin to be in coz in dec too. Will be on Radiance. Im trying to find out info on island too. Sounds great doesnt it. Will be there with my whole gang,mom,dad,3 kids,husband so I need to find family friendly places.

Hey :) Passion Island sure does look like the place to be. I think your family will have a great time here, Book it if you have not already :D When do you leave in December ?

Hey :) Passion Island sure does look like the place to be. I think your family will have a great time here, Book it if you have not already :D When do you leave in December ?

We leave dec 17th from ft lauderdale,,its a 6 night cruise. I dont now exactly where in so cal you are but it is Hot today already. Does not feel like Halloween time. My pumkins are melting,Ha! Now re:Booking Passion island,Did you book through cruise line or somewhere else?

We leave Dec 17th from ft lauderdale,6 night cruise.Dont know exactly where in so cal u r but it is already Hot today. My pumpkins are melting. Now re; booking. Did you book through cruise line or get it on your own?

We leave Dec 17th from ft lauderdale,6 night cruise.Dont know exactly where in so cal u r but it is already Hot today. My pumpkins are melting. Now re; booking. Did you book through cruise line or get it on your own?

We leave on the 16th so you may be in Cozumel the same day as us :) We are going to be there on Dec 21. You must be in Riverside County it has been hot out here. Last week my pumkins started to mold :eek: I have never had that happen so they are history . My daughter does not seem to care to much since she used them for her Party last weekend .We are in Moreno valley Ranch area over by Lake Perris. Where are you ? we booked through the cruise line and you ? I still do not know what flight we are on :confused: I am going to call RC this week they did the same thing to us last year and we almost did not get to sit together on the "LONG" flight out. We are going to fly out of Ontario and you ?

We wont be in coz same time.I think we r there on 19th. Well nope not in Riverside,,good guess. We are near 57/60 frwy. it was a bit cooler today after all. You guys getting any of the fire smoke/ash? So Sad. Have a few firefighter friends but all la co fire. We booked through vacationsto go. Great price and service. I used them last year for caribbean cruise. We are flying out of LAX. We have layover in GA for 1 hr. Just enough time to let the kids stretch out their legs. Its their first time flying. Are you guys getting as excited as we are? I can hardley wait. Just hope we have great weather and safe trips!!!!!

Archived