Solo on Princess

UofMGoBlue

I am a newbie to cruising and I'm curious. Is Princess a good line to go solo on? Thanx!

UofM

Well, I haven't actually done it, but from my experience on my last two cruises, I don't think I'd hesitate if I could afford it. I'm not sure I would have wanted to do it on my first cruise though...it was kind of nice to have someone around I knew on that first cruise especially since my friend had cruised before.

The other thing my friend and I have been considering lately is each of us booking our own staterooms, that way we'd have our alone space and could meet up when we wanted...

I generally cruise solo and always have a good time. I prefer the dining room that way I'm seated with other people for conversation.

I talk to people wherever I am, theatre, on deck, etc. and never feel alone.

If there is one, join the roll call for your cruise and you're assured of some company some of the time.

I have met some of my best friends on the CC roll call board and after the cruise we have kept in touch and next year I'll meet up with one of them on the Grand Princess.

• 1 month later...

I've cruised solo a couple of times and had a wonderful time. I chose a large table in traditional dining and met some great people. There was another single female at our table on one cruise and she and I went to a couple of show together. Also went places with a couple or two. Don't hesitate to try it.

I have not sailed solo, but would not hesitate to do so on Princess. I've noticed several times in the Patters a "meet and greet" in one of the lounges for solos to get together and chat. Even traveling with my husband, there are times on the cruise that I and one or two of the other woman at our dining table will leave the men and head off to a show or musical event and hook up with our husbands later (often at the blackjack table!).

That's (for me) one of the beauties of cruising. There is plenty of couple time available, but plenty of opportunities to go off on your own.

Go for it!! :D I cruised solo last year on the Island Princess and meet a few great friends that I am still in touch with and have actually cruised with again this past year!! When you cruise alone, you can do what you want when you want to do it!

I love to travel solo! Does anyone have Princess tips for solo cruisers? Like is there a special cabin category for solo cruisers, like Carnival's 1A category? I want to book my next cruise asap and want to sail Princess again but want the best prices for travelling solo.

U of M,

Seven days til we destroy the Trojans in the Rose Bowl. Go Blue!

Mike

Absolutely.....Go Blue!!!!

UofMGoBlue, I have met some great people sailing solo on Princess so I say go for it! It is easy to meet others and spend as much or little time with them that you like :)

LEtue,

I must confess that I "borrowed" your M avatar for DH - GoBlueCruiser - when he decided to start posting on CC. Did you live in MI previously or just attend U of M? We know of some Etues in the northern 'burbs of Detroit.

Sailing on the Dawn in just 30 days!

Chris

I love to travel solo! Does anyone have Princess tips for solo cruisers? Like is there a special cabin category for solo cruisers, like Carnival's 1A category? I want to book my next cruise asap and want to sail Princess again but want the best prices for travelling solo.

Keep on eye on the specials Princess offers....I am on their mailing list and received an offer I couldnot refuse. for a single occupancy cabin......it was a two for one plus Princess pays half travel insurance.I am a past passenger Platinum so maybe that helps.

You will not be offered a discount on the popular routes.....but what the heck I got a 22 day cruise in 2007 at a bargain price for an single inside cabin:)

The only if will be I am the only healthy person in my immediate family so if something happens to one of them I will have to cancel this bargain.......keeping fingers crossed:)

Archived