Pan Am Pier: So much liquor talk...what about Water?

Eskwire

So many questions about liquor...but with all the talk about the Pan Am Pier and embarkation problems...can you buy WATER anywhere near the terminal? Or should I buy it at the airport before we transfer to the ship? I'm travelling with my DD age 5 and DS age 20 months and also my 76 year old dad and 65 year old mom! We will definitely need water if it is anything like the November 4 cruise!!!!!:confused:

You can buy large bottles of water (less than $2 for a very large bottle) in the duty free liquor store at the terminal. You can't get to the store until you have been let in the building where you register. There was a guy walking around outside selling bottles of water & soda-not sure how much & if I would buy from him. We were on the 11/11 sailing & got to the terminal at 11:15. We waited outside until noon & were one of the first 50 there, so we got inside & sat down for about 15 minutes & then were allowed to register and we were in our cabins by 12:30. We were lucky because the ship had cleared customs in St Thomas for the 11/4 cruise. We did not get off the ship on 11/18 until 12:30 and there were still some people left.

Is there a Pueblo or something nearby? We are taking the Princess transfers because I have my small kids (not doing the hold and pray thing with a taxi since we are not bringing car seats). Is there somewhere in the SJU airport to buy some water to just last us until we board? I just want it to hold us until we board the ship in case there is a long line.

Oh sure, there are vendors in SJU that sell water which would be fine if you just need a few bottles until you board or reach the terminal where they do sell water (more reasonably) in the liquor store there.

Don't worry about not being able to find water.

If you wanted a large quantity to keep onboard I would go ahead and board and then disembark and take a taxi to Pueblo to buy what you needed.

Have a great cruise.

Mike:)

I didn't realize they would let you disembark and go back into SJU? Would you recommend this? We arrive at 10:00 am from Orlando and didn't know what to do with luggage etc. if we don't go directly to the port. Suggestions? We will be on one of those cruises that follows the long disembarkation process I think.

I didn't realize they would let you disembark and go back into SJU? Would you recommend this? We arrive at 10:00 am from Orlando and didn't know what to do with luggage etc. if we don't go directly to the port.

Sure they don't mind at all. We were near the first that boarded at noon, went directly to our cabins emptied our carry ons, returned to the liquor store in the terminal, then reboarded and left the bags, disembarked again and got a taxi and went back into the Condado district so we could dine once again at Marisqueria Miro and then reboarded later that day. You are free to come and go as you wish and if you happen to miss the muster drill at 8 or 830 pm there is a make-up the next day.

Have a great voyage!

Mike:)

Archived