Aerial Tram

zzmoo

• 2 weeks later...
Costa Rica came up on the Celebrity section a couple of weeks ago. Several of the posters said they didn't feel this tour was worth the price. (I believe it's over $100.) They didn't feel they saw enough to make it worthwhile.

Yes....we did this when we did the 10 day Panama on the Brilliance. We enjoyed the whole day. Left the port area.....drove for 1.5 hours to the rain forest...got to see the countryside on the way....had an excellent guide who took us on a walking tour around the area...could ask anything! And then you take the aerial tram with him.......then lunch and back home! Was a long day...but the tour guides go to school for years to do this so was informative the whole day...take disposable poncho with you.....yes it rains in Costa Rica but you won't melt...ball cap and disposable poncho is what you need!

Lou;)

• 1 month later...
[quote name='cruisingrightalong']Yes....we did this when we did the 10 day Panama on the Brilliance. We enjoyed the whole day. Left the port area.....drove for 1.5 hours to the rain forest...got to see the countryside on the way....had an excellent guide who took us on a walking tour around the area...could ask anything! And then you take the aerial tram with him.......then lunch and back home! Was a long day...but the tour guides go to school for years to do this so was informative the whole day...take disposable poncho with you.....yes it rains in Costa Rica but you won't melt...ball cap and disposable poncho is what you need!

Lou;)[/QUOTE]

Hi Lou,

We are sailing out of San Diego on Oct. 24 for the 14 day eastward Panama Canal cruise. What did you do for shore excursion at the other ports? We are trying to decide if we should book some of our tours on our own. Can you provide us with any suggestions. We live a few miles up the road from you in Kingsport. It is great to see other East Tennessee cruisers having fun. We will be cruising on RCI's Radiance of the Seas. Thanks!

Joe B.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Do you mind me asking "What do you think of the Aerial Tram ride in Costa Rica?
My wife & I think it sounds cool but what I've read on the boards doesn't sound too positive for it. What do you think???
Thanks for your input......
Alan
BTW: we're on the Galaxy 04/25/2005 Panama Canal cruise

• 5 months later...
Has anyone been on this before? If so please let me know what you thought of it, I am considering this for an upcoming cruise... I want to see the rain forest and this looks ideal. Any thoughts would be great!

Thank you..

Imagination 5/02
Zuiderdam 5/03
Fantasy 11/04
Liberty 11/05

[color=red]We took a tour in December (Costa Rica's Favorites?) that combined the tram and lunch with a cruise on the Tortugero Canals. The tram was sedate and scenic, but we saw no wildlife except a few butterflies (and a tiny viper in the garden at the gift shop). The guide knew the viper was there so, while it was defintely a poisonous snake, we did not feel like we were in danger - and I am really afraid of snakes![/color]

[color=#ff0000]We had a nice, simple lunch at a local open air restaurant and stopped to see a Blue Jean Poison Dart Frog and banana plantation enroute to the boats.[/color]

[color=#ff0000]The highlight was the canal cruise! We saw 4 groups of howler monkeys, sloths, a huge croc in the water, large caimans, very large iguanas, bats, abundant birds, etc. Waht a great trip.[/color]

[color=#ff0000]I would highly recommend the combination tour or the cruise on its own. I would not recommend the tram by itself.[/color]

[quote name='Longlegscruiser']Has anyone been on this before? If so please let me know what you thought of it, I am considering this for an upcoming cruise... I want to see the rain forest and this looks ideal. Any thoughts would be great!
[/QUOTE]
My wife wanted to do the Tram tour in Costa Rica on our April cruise. I had 4 responses from different boards as well as 2 people on our cruise that had done the tram. They all gave the tram a "so-so" rating. Said you couldn't see much because of the trees and rain forest. Didn't have any response rating the Tram as "great or really good". So, we did the canals. The canals were fun and interesting.
You can read my review of our cruise, including Costa Rica, at this address:

[url="http://www.sysnnet.com/ourcruise.html"]http://www.sysnnet.com/ourcruise.html[/url]

There are also pictures grouped by the port/excursion.

I'm sure you'll have a great time either way...........
Alan & Regina

[quote name='Longlegscruiser']Alan
Thank you for sharing your pics, they were great! How did you get to hold a baby monkey? That has got to be a really cool experience, is that apart of the canal tour? I want to hold a monkey too!!

Thanks!![/QUOTE]
Longlegs,

We booked our tour in Costa Rica with Oscar Brown and Oscar knows of this "Animal Sanctuary". He knows the family that owns & runs it. I spent some time talking with the son of the woman who owns it and he said the cruise tour operators don't bring people there. They would like for them to but the sanctuary just isn't known well enough yet. If you read some of the cruise boards from people who've used Oscar, they mention things like "held a baby howler monkey" or "petted a sloth", etc. but they don't detail the fact that it happened because Oscar took them to this sanctuary. So, I tried to punctuate the Animal Sanctuary place more.

I Highly recommend Oscar. He's absolutely a fabulous tour guide!!
Here's his contact info, if you want to use him:

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]Oscar Brown: Costa Rica[/font][/size]

[font=Arial]Oscar Cell: 011 506 350 6415
Home number: 011 506 758 1881
E-mail: [url="http://email.email.secureserver.net/view.php?folder=INBOX&uid=22#ComposeCompose"][font='Times New Roman'][color=#0000ff]cbrown@costarricense.cr[/color][/font][/url] [/font]

Also FYI: Internet communications in Costa Rica is bad, so if you email and don't get an answer within a couple of days, it's because he did not get your email. I use an email from Yahoo and I had no problems with email communications with him. However, many many other people did. If you are not able to contact him, re-post such here and I can contact him for you.

[quote name='Longlegscruiser']Alan
Thank you for sharing your pics, they were great! How did you get to hold a baby monkey? That has got to be a really cool experience, is that apart of the canal tour? I want to hold a monkey too!!

Thanks!![/QUOTE]

We booked our tour in Costa Rica with Oscar Brown and Oscar knows of this "Animal Sanctuary". He knows the family that owns & runs it. I spent some time talking with the son of the woman who owns it and he said the cruise tour operators don't bring people there. They would like for them to but the sanctuary just isn't known well enough yet. If you read some of the cruise boards from people who've used Oscar, they mention things like "held a baby howler monkey" or "petted a sloth", etc. but they don't detail the fact that it happened because Oscar took them to this sanctuary. So, I tried to punctuate the Animal Sanctuary place more.

I Highly recommend Oscar. He's absolutely a fabulous tour guide!!
Here's his contact info, if you want to use him:

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]Oscar Brown: Costa Rica[/font][/size]

[font=Arial]Oscar Cell: 011 506 350 6415
Home number: 011 506 758 1881
E-mail: [url="http://email.email.secureserver.net/view.php?folder=INBOX&uid=22#ComposeCompose"][font='Times New Roman'][color=#0000ff]cbrown@costarricense.cr[/color][/font][/url] [/font]

Also FYI: Internet communications in Costa Rica is bad, so if you email and don't get an answer within a couple of days, it's because he did not get your email. I use an email from Yahoo and I had no problems with email communications with him. However, many many other people did. If you are not able to contact him, re-post such here and I can contact him for you.

Archived