1 L ~ not 2 ... docs

Chat Noir

One member sailing our upcoming Christmas cruise has incorrect spelling of his last name. The PVP entered two L's where one L is correct.

She says no problem. Has anyone found incorrect spelling to create havoc previously???

I hope she's correct that it's no problem. His air, transfers and cruise are all through Carnival... so all information from airline boarding pass, through boarding the ship and clearing customs is not going to match his identification documentation.

I've printed my email stating there was spelling error and her reply of no problem, just in case...:rolleyes:

I would sure have some 'splainin' to do to his parents if he gets left in Mexico!!!:)

I work for an airline and I would have the air portion of your problem fixed before you go. It all depends on which government agent is checking that your ID matches your boarding pass, but I have seen people get stopped because of this exact issue. It is better to take care of it before you go to the airport.

We have a friend who is getting ready for his first cruise and when he renewed his passport, it came back as Joan instead of John. This could have been a real problem if he'd waited until the last minute to renew. If you have the time, I would fix the problem.

Charlie

Thank you all!

The FunPass site still is incorrect. She must not plan to correct it since she e-mailed me it wouldn't be a problem. I think I'll call direct to Carnival and speak with a supervisor, document the call and outcome, especially if I'm again told, no problem.

I will verify independently with the airline (American), also.:)

I really don't want this young man to have problems due to a spelling error, especially since it would be so EASY to correct this far in advance. Though I've received docs, we're still over a month from sailing.

Archived