RCCI Cruisers Considering Celebrity

JanineM

Happy Thanksgiving All!

We are RCCI cruisers who are ready for something different. We're considering booking a Celebrity cruise for the winter through one of the super after-Thanksgiving sales tomorrow.

Does anyone have any particular recommendations for ships? We live in Florida, so would prefer to sail out of Tampa, FLL or Port Canaveral. No kids - just a couple of grownups who enjoy being treated well, eating good food, and having a few cocktails under the Caribbean stars. We prefer 7-day, but would also be happy to try Celebrity on a 4-day, or even 11 day cruise.

Thanks in advance!

I don;t know about Port Canaveral, I may be mistaken but I do not think Celebrity has a ship from that port. My recommendation would be the Century for a 5 night out of Miami, beautiful ship excellent service, everything is brand new. As for Tampa the Zenith sails from there, small ship, does not have the bells and whistles that others have but very charming and unbeatable service. Perhaps one of the Millenimum class ships sail out of Fort Lauderdale, I haven;t checked Celebrity website.

Whatever Celebrity ship you choose, have a great time. Come back and tell us what ship you found that suits your needs.

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

We have moved back and forth from RCCI and Celebrity and had great cruise experiences with both. We love the Millenium class ships and would recommend the Ultimate Caribbean on the Constellation if you prefer 10 or 11 nights. We did the 10 night on the sister ship Summit and it was great. If you prefer something 7 nights the Millineum would be a good choice. These ships are beautiful and the crew/passenger ratio is approximately 2 passengers to 1 crew. A few nice touches are the "T" pool and the light fare in the cafe here, the theatres are beautiful and the Harpsist ot pianist in the Cova Cafe is a nice touch in the evening.

The food and Service with Celebity is outstanding but we found the layout of the buffet area on the Radiance Class ships with RCCI to be far superior. Both lines have their own points of interest and you won't go wrong with either.

I hope this was some help and I am sure whichever you choose will be a great vacation.

Water•Baby,

Happy Thanksgiving All!

And also to you!

We are RCCI cruisers who are ready for something different. We're considering booking a Celebrity cruise for the winter through one of the super after-Thanksgiving sales tomorrow.

Does anyone have any particular recommendations for ships? We live in Florida, so would prefer to sail out of Tampa, FLL or Port Canaveral. No kids - just a couple of grownups who enjoy being treated well, eating good food, and having a few cocktails under the Caribbean stars. We prefer 7-day, but would also be happy to try Celebrity on a 4-day, or even 11 day cruise.

After eight cruises aboard six of Celebrity's ships (2 aboard GTS Infinity and GTS Millennium and one each aboard GTS Constellation, MV Galaxy, MV Mercury, and GTS Summit), I really don't see much difference in Celebrity's product from one ship to another. The four ships of the Millennium class gave up a second night club/lounge to add a specialty restaurant that the two older ships don't offer, but the rest of the facilities, the amenities, and the service are pretty comparable. If you are looking for something more "upscale" than Royal Caribbean International, I think that you will find a home on any of these ships. If you must go for seven nights, GTS Millennium has a reasonable itinerary that operates round trip from Fort Lauderdale. If you can swing ten or eleven nights, I would recommend the "Southern Caribbean" offerings round trip from San Juan aboard MV Galaxy as well as the offerings of GTS Constellation from Fort Lauderdale.

Have a wonderful cruise, whichever you decide!

Norm.

Archived