Help with What Excursions at Which Port

CrusinAgain

We will be cruising the Mexican Riveria in late March 2007. Our ports are Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas (Cabo leaves at 2:00).

We are not snorkelers but would love to go whale watching or touring or horseback riding. I do not see any whale watching excusions listed for our ship at any stops. Any suggestions?

We will be cruising the Mexican Riveria in late March 2007. Our ports are Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas (Cabo leaves at 2:00).

We are not snorkelers but would love to go whale watching or touring or horseback riding. I do not see any whale watching excusions listed for our ship at any stops. Any suggestions?

If you search on the net for Whale Watching Tours in Mexico you will find several companies with tours. I believe the one's in Los Cabos would be by far the best because they are close to the area where the Whales migrate to in the winter " The Sea of Cortez" There are none from Mazatlan.

For Horseback Riding the very best I have seen anywhere in Mexico is the ride along the 12 mile beach on Stone Island in Mazatlan. Presently there are two companies providing Horseback Riding tours of which I believe King David to be the best choice.

Good Luck & have fun MazatlanMike

March is getting late for grey whales, but you may be lucky and see some other species such as hump backs or even a sperm whale. Much more likely you will see dolphin. There are many vendors on the pier in Cabo...you will be inundated with them as soon as you step onto the pier. You can also book ahead privately by doing an on-line search.

Lots of people go horseback riding on the beach in Cabo, or on Stone Island in Mazatlan. You can do both independently (not through the ship's excursions) and save quite a bit of money.

Late March is getting iffy for whale watching - the season ends about that time in both PV and Cabo. There are still tours running in both ports through the end of March, though. Just search the net and you'll find them.

If you horseback ride in PV, I'd recommend Rancho Capomo - seems to have very high satisfaction. Tours in Mazatlan and Cabo, unlike PV, will let you ride on the beach.

Okay, we are going to do horse back riding in Mazatlan and our ship is in Cabo until only 2 p.m. with last tender at 1:30 which also means if we don't book a ship excursion we don't get off early.

Is it best to do a dolphin/whale watching excursion from Cabo or PV this late in the season or is it pretty much a waste of money at this point.

Archived