Planning a CC party?

Tinknock50

To start a CC party the best place to start is in the roll call section to find out if anyone is interested. You should have a group of at least 8 to 10 minimum. Call "Ships Services" and a coordinator will check out what is available. A section of the crows nest is perfect. Last time we had the oak room. Set a date and time. A sailaway party works well. Make it from 3 to 4 on the sailaway date. After 4 you have life boat drill. If you hold it during the cruise you conflict with ships activities, but thats up to you.

Ships services will e-mail you a form to complete and fax back - then they will confirm the date, place and time.

Have been to some great parties and have been to some where no one shows up. Hope this is of some help

Thanks Redmond

I have already started an interest list. I am going to see how many people are intersested before I go further. There are atleast 25 people on our roll call.

Already planning an unofficial sailaway meet. Am I right in saying that that would not be a good time for ship sponsored party?

Thanks for your help,

I called ship's services and they gave me the name of the coordinator for the Noordam along with her e-mail address. She set up exactly what I asked for and sent me back a confirmation letter.

Thanks, I will look into that. But first I want to make sure enough people are interested before I call.

I planned a CC meet and greet on Zuiderdam's Nov. 11-18 sailing. We had around 45 people invited and only 7 showed, that was disappointing. I had it scheluded for the first sea day from 2 to 3. Anyway what they did for me was to give com. tea, coffee, water and cookies and they set up a bar for anyone that wanted to purchase a drink. Hope you have a better turnout.

Missygirl

Hmmm. Prior to our most recent cruise, I asked my HAL Cruise Consultant (I booked thru HAL) about a CC party, and he said that I could arrange it but there would be a charge. He didn't offer any suggestions as to whom to contact or anything. It would be nice if HAL would offer some kind of standard CC get together (appetizers and a place to meet), with drinks as extras to buy. The point is to meet the folks we've been talking to on the Roll Call board.

Mrs Muir (Linda)

Hmmm. Prior to our most recent cruise, I asked my HAL Cruise Consultant (I booked thru HAL) about a CC party, and he said that I could arrange it but there would be a charge. He didn't offer any suggestions as to whom to contact or anything. It would be nice if HAL would offer some kind of standard CC get together (appetizers and a place to meet), with drinks as extras to buy. The point is to meet the folks we've been talking to on the Roll Call board.

Mrs Muir (Linda)

I had contacted ship services and they e-mailed a form to me fill out and to be sent back to them. In a few days they let me know where our meeting would be held (in the Hudson room-Zuiderdam.) I was not charged anything as it was complimentary. The bar as I said before was set up for anyone to purchase their own drinks. We had such a small turnout that Mark Pells (Zuiderdam's hotel manager) invited us to a captain's VIP cocktail party that was very nice. He sat in on our meet and greet and answered any questions that we had.

Missygirl

I have only gotten a response from two other couples so far and it is less than 2 weeks until we go. I don't think I will do anything about a special party if interest doesn't pick up.

I will definitely promote an impromptu meet for sail-away. That way I will at least get to meet a couple of people.

Ok....here's an update on our party.

We have over 15 people on the list now, so I have contacted the Ships Coordinator....he forwarded my request to the Onboard Events Coordinator.

She just e-mailed me and asked for our group booking number.:confused:

I told her this isn't a group...just members of a group roll call on Cruise Critic. I get the feeling I am on the wrong track........anyone else plan a party on the Oosterdam in particular?

Archived