Back from the Century Nov 18-23

comfortcove

Hi Llav, We have only cruised Princess once, the first week of October of this year on the Caribbean Princess. I thought it was a very good cruise. We had a really cheerful, sweet attendant, nice balcony cabin and generally a perfect cruise. The biggest difference to us was the anytime dining, which we ended up really liking. I may get flamed for this, but the food and the entertainment were actually superior IMO to what I just experienced on the Century, as was the management. I've only had one BAD cruise experience, and that was on Carnival. Never again on that line. We have sailed all mainstream lines except Norwegian. Do some research, and check out comparison threads. My husband is easy to please on a cruise, it is always like honeymoon time for us. Sigh, wish we had one in the works right now, instead we are paying college tuitions and I am looking for a new car since my Toyota engine froze due to sludge, but that's a whole other issue. Have a good time and expect the best whatever you decide. Nancy

I am looking for a new car since my Toyota engine froze due to sludge, but that's a whole other issue. Nancy

Nancy, you may already know this contact but your local Toyota dealer about sludging. They might help you out on the repair/replacement because they had such trouble with it in the six cylinder engines. If you don't get any help from the dealer ask for the regional service rep. The money you save could go towards a cruise!

Hi,

Thank you all for posting your expierences from your recent Century cruises. What cabins or decks have had the air conditioning problems?

I am booked for the 9 night Christmas Cruise leaving on 12/21 and have talked 10 other family members into joining me. Our cabins are on the Vista Deck. I'm hoping this problem gets resolved shortly as I am sure some family members will be very unhappy as they wanted to sail on the Constellation but I enjoyed the Century so much before the refurb that I wanted to sail it agin to see all the changes.

Oh well, we'll have to make the best of it. It's still better then being at work.

Thanks to anyone who can tell me what decks or cabin # are currently having the air problem

Beth

Hi,

Thank you all for posting your expierences from your recent Century cruises. What cabins or decks have had the air conditioning problems?

I am booked for the 9 night Christmas Cruise leaving on 12/21 and have talked 10 other family members into joining me. Our cabins are on the Vista Deck. I'm hoping this problem gets resolved shortly as I am sure some family members will be very unhappy as they wanted to sail on the Constellation but I enjoyed the Century so much before the refurb that I wanted to sail it agin to see all the changes.

We were in CC 9047 and had A/C problems in the cabin as well as the hallways which was always hot.

My friends in Sky Suite 1210 were fine, as were those in 8172 and 8168.

Hope this helps.

Beth: You might not consider this recent enough, but in late Sept./early Oct. inside cabins 4057, 4061 (our cabin), and 4065 had A/C problems with loud noise and a vibrating inside wall where head of bed is. The passengers before us apparently had the problem too because they jammed wads of tissue paper into the ceiling vent, which didn't help any. I don't know whether this A/C problem was fixed or not. Century moved us to inside cabin 1214 and we had no problem on that deck. Kathy

Thanks everyone for the replies.We'll just have to make the best of it. Won't let it ruin my cruise if we happen to come across the a/c problem. Life's to short. Now to convince my family members to do the same.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Archived