Just back!

acdc

Just back from the Star, and thought I'd post a quick one to say what a wonderful time we had! Cruise director Chris Nichol was just great, we enjoyed his British humour, and he has a lovely singing voice. We were a bit worried after reading the report about taxi drivers going on strike - what rubbish! They were lined up along the road, offering to take us on tour, very polite and friendly. Signs in front of shops welcoming the Pacific Star! Found the best duty free prices at Fung Kuei, right at the end of the main street, cheaper than the ship's duty free liquer, even after the 25% discount offered by the ship's shop.:D

Glad to hear you had a great time. Look forward to reading more about it. Didn't think the taxi's and the like would "strike" for too long. They rely on the money from tourists to survive. I hope P&O do the right thing though and clean up the site and not just pay a fine!

Was it a little rough coming back in? Were any of the crew worried about the impact of Cyclone Yani? I know someone going out on her today and am hoping she doesn't have any problems!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Was it a little rough coming back in? Were any of the crew worried about the impact of Cyclone Yani? I know someone going out on her today and am hoping she doesn't have any problems!

Cheers,

Chaz:)

We didn't even know there was a cyclone coming!

It was quite rough and windy going out of B'bane, but not bad at all coming back. Our rock n roll night couldn't be held on deck because of the wind and rain on the 3rd night.

Certainly hope your friend won't get bad weather!

Archived