Freedom vs. Voyager Series

gooselover

Is the only real BIG difference between these two classes is the H20 zone and the wave rider? Is basically everything else the same?

We are booked for 11/25/07 on Mariner, aft cabin 1388. With all the talk about Freedom, etc., I was considering rebooking on Liberty the same time since it will be a brand new ship. However, if this is the ONLY difference really between them, I should stay put, correct???

Your thoughts?

As far as the big differences, yes the H2O zone and the Flow rider are two areas where you won't see on the Mariner and also the karaoke bar. There are a few other enhancements on the Freedom such as the Rockwall being taller and having an extra section, they replaced the inline skating with the flow rider, the promenade is much longer and includes more store fronts, Cafe Promenade is much nicer on the Freedom and there's also a Pizza Store on the Promenade called Sorrentos that serves Paninis, Tirmaisu, Italian Salads, etc,. In my opinion, if the prices are about the same, go with the Liberty. You'll get more for your money, plus the entertainment will be 5 stars...the Freedom has 2 spectacular production shows. Plus the staff will be the best of the best, chosen from ships around the fleet, so the service will be great. Also look at the itineraries for both ships. I think they are about the same except one leaves from Port Canaveral and the other Miami.

There's another consideration too. The Freedom class ships have brand new, very comfortable bedding, far superior to the bedding on older RCI ships. I do not know if Mariner has the updated bedding. RCI has plans to update all the bedding on its ships, but many have not yet been upgraded. WE just sailed on Radiance after having sailed on Freedom in June. Believe me, there is a HUGE difference in comfort between the old and the new.

If all things are equal, price and itinerary, I'd take Liberty. In fact we have signed up for Liberty because we enjoyed FReedom so much and we don't even have kids.

This is my own personal choice. But I love the voyager class ships and by all means enjoyed my freedom cruise. I was cruising with about 10 other people who had been on both the mariner and now the freedom and we all agreed we liked the mariner better. It is just a larger voyager class ship with an extra 1300 people. It wasnt like we waited on long lines all the time, but we all felt like it was just too many people and in fact I came back and booked the mariner again for january.

If you choose the freedom I am sure you wont regret it, like I said we had a great time, but I dont think you will regret keeping your current reservation either, the mariner is a great ship and captain johnny is the best!

We have been on the Voyager ships a few times and on the Freedom last summer. Next July we are booked on the Mariner for the first time. My teenage son went on the Flow Rider once with his Dad (when passengers were boarding the ship and there was no line). They had a great time on it but didn't find it worth it to wait on any lines the following days. My kids are teens so the H20 Zone made no difference, other than it looked pretty. To us, we couldnt really feel the difference in the size of the ship. We were disappointed by the service, and some of the shows were really disappointing. Also, we felt the Voyager ships were prettier. I liked the Freedom, please don't get me wrong. And I would like to go on the Liberty - but that's because I am spoiled :D and want the newest and what is called the best. The only other difference is that the OS (we always stay in an OS) was roomier on the freedom and the balcony was a sheer delight on the freedom - much larger. :cool:

If those things don't matter to you then i would stay on the Mariner and be sure to tell us how it is. I have been reading some reviews on the mariner that are a bit concerning :confused:

Have a great time!!

We have sailed both. Without kids, I would do the Mariner. She is a great ship which will offer adults plenty of enjoyment. However, we have a 6 and 9 year old who loved the H2O zone. The youngest was too young for the wave rider. It is also noteworthy that the pools are freshwater which makes a difference to my children. Given the choice without children, Mariner...with kids, Freedom.

Bill

Archived