My DH wants to take more shoes than me! :)

lovebug33

I just finished the packing lists and hung them up (so excited about that) and DH said, "What, I can only bring one pair of brown dress shoes and one pair of black!" He wants to bring about six pairs of shoes (he has to bring every pair of dress Skechers he owns). I told him he had to decide because even with the choices I made for him, it is still four pairs of shoes. I told him I was making a huge sacrifice by only bringing two pairs of dress shoes, too. That made me laugh for a good two minutes!

That reminds me of my husband, too! I'm the light packer in the family, if he had his choice, he'd pack enough for a month :rolleyes: .

I used to let him get by with it and sacrificed my packing space because of his choices. I'ts probably how I started to learn how to get by with a lot less, though. Now, I make him stick to a list I've prepared for him, you should see the pleading eyes!

He'll be happy with how you cut back, during the cruise and especially when you are re-packing to go home.

That's funny! I have the same problem with mine. When we go away for a weekend I have to say "Why are you bringing 4 pairs of shoes for 2 1/2 days? I'm bringing 1 or 2." I've been trying to teach mine the value of planning a mini mix and match wardrobe for traveling.

I also struggle with this with DH. He will stick to one pair of dress black shoes for formal night and a pair of boat shoes for casual, but it's the casual day-to-day shoes he brings that cause the problem.

He doesn't consider the vaction complete unless he buys six pairs of shoes. Two years ago, on a driving vacation, he was really proud of himself when he counted his shoes after unpacking, until I reminded him that two pairs were being shipped because we ran out of room in the car, and that his hunting boots were still in the car! I told him when we fly next September that the shoe shopping would be kept to a minimum unless he planned on having them all shipped home!

God love him- I've created a shoe and cruise monster!!

Here every other thread is about how ladies can Indian wrestle their husband into a coat and tie and yours are bringing too many shoes?

I'll bet they are pretty conscientious about the rest of what they wear as well.

I'm thinking four to five pair myself for our seven day next week. Of course one formal and one water sandals are activity specific.

One good thing about cruising from where you live is, you don't have to be concerned about airline weight restrictions. So, the duffle of snorkel gear and the case of green tea and mineral water are going too.

Archived