? about Conquest! Here is your chance!

okiemom

I am cruising on the Conquest December 3, 2006. That's next Sunday! Does anyone have any questions or information that they would like me to find out while I'm on board?? List your questions now and I will do my best to find out all I can for you. I will post the answers when I return.

Thanks

Cheryl

Hello okiemom!

Great idea and very kind of you to do so! I will be cruising The Conquest February 25th, and I am curious about how you have to dress in The Pointe? I was wondering if a polo and khakis are appropriate for a non formal night to go to The Pointe? Also, will starboard or port side of the ship afford the best island views while docked? Thank you in advance and have a great trip!

Rick

We'll be sailing over spring break with our three kids (ages 16, 13 and 11)--if you get a chance to get the capers for those three age groups (O2, teens, and kids 9 - 11, I believe), that would be fabulous!

Have a wonderful time...can't wait to read your review when you return!

TexanCrew: Don't know how to "scan" my capers but I can say that my 3 kids, similarly aged to yours, had absolutely great times in their respective kids groups when we were on board over Halloween. I have a DD 16, DS 12 (turns 13 tomorrow!) and DD 9. The clubs and people working there were all GREAT and my kids, who have now been on 4 cruises, said this was the best time they have had~~~

Like the OP, if you have any specific questions, I'm happy to answer also!

TexBeaumont: Our balcony rooms were on the starboard side and it was great. Don't know if it is the same approach/placement for each cruise port, but starboard was great for all 3 ports on our cruise.

am curious about how you have to dress in The Pointe? I was wondering if a polo and khakis are appropriate for a non formal night to go to The Pointe?

Yes, that will be fine. The Caper's vary as to what they say the dress code is on non formal nights. Some days say "elegant casual", some say "casual elegant", others don't say at all.

Also, will starboard or port side of the ship afford the best island views while docked?

We only docked in Jamaica. Port side was best on both cruises, but that depends on the way they decide to dock. Could be either way. I had port side on the first cruise and wished I had had it on the second as well.

We will be on in March. I've heard nothing but great things abou the band Blood Power. Could you find out how long they will be on board? I'd hate to miss them after all I've read about them! Thanx!!
If they do say they will be leaving the Conquest soon, ask them if they know where they'll be next.

Bradtez....I will try! But no guarantees!:p It is sleeting and snowing here and I really hope it melts by Saturday morning when we have to drive down to Texas. We are expecting 6 to 8 inches of snow with about 3 inches of ice under that!:eek: This is alot for Oklahoma City to get! Hope you have better weather coming in to Galveston.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome home! I hope your cruise was wonderful. I have two quick questions. Are there laundry facilities on the Conquest and do the video arcade machines take quarters or do you have to get a game card? Thanks. We sail in just 6 more days!

1st- Yes they have laundry facilities. It is $2.00 for a wash and $2.00 for a dry. The washers take forever to fill and wash. One load took about 40 minutes. We took our own detergent (I have sensitive skin), just put two loads worth in a ziplock bag. Didn't use it all so left it in the laundry for anyone else who needed it. There are machines that sell detergent. They were $1.00 and had Tide, Cheer and Downey in them. Only problem I saw was that several people had their money taken by the machine and had to go down to the pursers desk for a refund.

2nd- There is a change machine in the arcade that you put your sign and sail card in and it gives you tokens to use in the machines. The games will take your money so watch out. If this happens just find a worker and let them know and they will get you replacement tokens.

I am feeling more rested so I will respond to all the questions tomorrow (Wednesday). I think I need a vacation from my vacation!!!

Hello okiemom!

Great idea and very kind of you to do so! I will be cruising The Conquest February 25th, and I am curious about how you have to dress in The Pointe? I was wondering if a polo and khakis are appropriate for a non formal night to go to The Pointe? Also, will starboard or port side of the ship afford the best island views while docked? Thank you in advance and have a great trip!

Rick

Hey Rick,

I'm in Idaho and will also be cruising on 2/25....with a friend from Crystal Beach....mayhaps we should meet for a drink.....if not have a great cruise!

Hey Rick,

I'm in Idaho and will also be cruising on 2/25....with a friend from Crystal Beach....mayhaps we should meet for a drink.....if not have a great cruise!

Hey we are that cruise too and would be happy to meet you all for a drink.

MIKE AND CONNIE

Archived