Beach Pix?

golfer1966

Here you go-

Check out this site:

http://www.curacao-actief.com/index.php?id=106

I'm booked with these guys next week. We're spending the whole day with them and hitting a couple of the Northern beaches. I'll give a full report upon my arrival home.

Here's another great site:

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/ABC/Curacao/index.htm

It's a diving/snorkeling site, but they've got BEAUTIFUL pictures and full descriptions.

You'll love these two sites. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, Golfer! Have I got some pictures and a review for you! If you're into beaches, you'll be in heaven with a custom made tour via http://www.curacao-actief.com :)

You can find pictures of 3 different beaches we visited here:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/nononanettecruise/albums

Here's the rundown of our day in Curacao, as posted on the Holland America board earlier this week:

*THURSDAY 12/7 CURACAO. Word of the day: “WOW!”

We LOVED this island, In beauty, I place it just below Bora Bora.

We had arranged to hit a few beaches through www.curacao-actief.com

The moment we disembarked, I heard my name called. Curacao-Actief had hired a cab driver, Ramsey, to pick us up and deliver us to their office parking lot. Very nice guy, stopped a couple times for pictures, and pointed out some landmarks. Dom flipped him a $5 after the short ride. Very likeable fellow.

We were met by our tourguides/bodyguards, Saskia and Priscilla. If I may speak for my husband, “WOW!”. *grinning* These 2 cuties were Dutch interns. 19 and 22 years of age. Absolutely wonderful!

They drove us to a grocery store where we picked up a case of 8 oz. Venezuelan POLAR BEER and a couple bags of ice for $18.

Our first beach was the one that I picked out. Daaibooi Baai (“Die-Boy”). WOW! This place was virtually deserted. Fabulous! Facing the water, I snorkeled along the cove on the left. I’d NEVER seen such an assortment of fish. Some of the biggest Parrot Fishes that I’d EVER seen! The snorkeling was breathtaking. Water clarity was wonderful. WOW!

Next, we headed to CAS ABOU “Bon-Bini Beach”, which was Priscilla’s favorite. (A Dutch “Baywatch” type series was filmed here). CAS ABOU was an expansive, white sand beach. Probably a total of 30 people, if that, scattered about. The shades of blue were gorgeous.

Swam out to a floating raft with snorkel and bread for fishes. From there, I began swimming out to the reef. Honestly, before I got to the “drop off”, I turned around and swam back to the raft. I felt almost “too alone” out there. Water clarity was wonderful, just a little too much “nothing”. Had Dom been with me, I would have been fine. Just felt isolated.

I then snorkeled along the left side cove. WOW! There was a huge area with literally thousands (A million???) of small silver fishes. When I released some bread, it was quite the spectacle! They even overwhelmed the Angel Fish, who didn’t even attempt to feed. WOW!

Left there and drove a beautiful scenic route to the top of the island. Went to Saskia’s favorite beach, “GROTE KNIP”. The view from the parking lot, looking down on the beach was breathtaking. Talk about a photo-op. Wow!

Grabbed my snorkel and took off to the right. The water was out of this world. Great snorkeling. This may have been MY favorite beach, as well. Spent the remainder of the day sunning and splashing.

The gals drove us back to port. This was an 8 HOUR venture. $80 per person. I can’t say enough about our girls and their company, Curacao-Actief. Throughout the day, they stressed that it was “OUR TOUR”, and we were calling the shots. Heck, we were just along for the ride and loving every minute of it!!!

The owner, Anite, is to be applauded for planning this customized beach tour. We emailed back and forth a few times, then she called to chat, getting an idea of our expectations. These expectations were fulfilled a thousand-fold! I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this company. (Especially after seeing 2 other tour companies who had their clients packed like sardines in their vehicles!)

I’ve dying to go back to Curacao and hit a few more beaches. WOW!

Archived