Pinnacle Grill Ordering Question

WILLVINO

I know this seems a bit silly but never been on HAL (and only have been on one other cruise so we are new at this) and will be on our first cruise this December. We want to try the Pinnacle Grill and my DH wanted to know if he can order more than one main course like he enjoyed doing in the main dining room when we went on Princess. He just thought that maybe because we are paying it is more like a regular restaurant where you get on appetizer, main, dessert etc.

Thanks for your help and also thanks for all of the great tips. I love reading this board and there have been great questions and answers which have made me much more prepared for our trip.

I know this seems a bit silly but never been on HAL (and only have been on one other cruise so we are new at this) and will be on our first cruise this December. We want to try the Pinnacle Grill and my DH wanted to know if he can order more than one main course like he enjoyed doing in the main dining room when we went on Princess. He just thought that maybe because we are paying it is more like a regular restaurant where you get on appetizer, main, dessert etc.

Thanks for your help and also thanks for all of the great tips. I love reading this board and there have been great questions and answers which have made me much more prepared for our trip.

No you are not able to order more than 1 entree. You get everything from the appetizer to the dessert but no extra entree. Would be nice. But I am SURE that you will be filled up with just one meal.

The entree servings are so ample, I don't think very many people could eat more than one if they were having an appetizer, sides, dessert. The rib eye and porterhouse steaks are VERY large.

If you are having the rack of lamb the serving size is not 'so ample'.;)

It is normally about three 'chops'.... four would be just right. If the maitr'd asks for $30 for the extra piece you know what to tell him!

Stephen

The PG is like any land based retaurant. You pay for a meal, and shouldn't expect extra's for free. I've been in the Pinnacle when people have become irate because and extra serving was not offered or granted when asked for. Get a grip people, would you do that on land?

As I'am sure it has been asked...the PG follows the ships dress code. Don't put up a fuss at the door if you arrive in the wrong attire.

-HighSeas

The PG is like any land based retaurant. You pay for a meal, and shouldn't expect extra's for free. I've been in the Pinnacle when people have become irate because and extra serving was not offered or granted when asked for. Get a grip people, would you do that on land?

-HighSeas

Actually I've asked for an addition piece of lamb in the past and there has never been a problem. As you can see in the photo... the portion size for lamb seems to be TWO chops.... in real terms.... about the size of a small hamburger!

'On land' if I asked for an additional portion.... not a complete course, just a wee bit extra... I'd expect to pay for it.... but not the same price for a full main course. So if Pinnacle wanted to charge extra I wouldn't have a problem... but not $30 for a sinlge extra lamb chop!

Stephen

Actually I've asked for an addition piece of lamb in the past and there has never been a problem. As you can see in the photo... the portion size for lamb seems to be TWO chops.... in real terms.... about the size of a small hamburger!

'On land' if I asked for an additional portion.... not a complete course, just a wee bit extra... I'd expect to pay for it.... but not the same price for a full main course. So if Pinnacle wanted to charge extra I wouldn't have a problem... but not $30 for a sinlge extra lamb chop!

Stephen

Photo?

What photo?

...or are you still painting it?

;)

Sure, the lamb chops ain't so large, but there are plenty of starters & sides to choose from too - and you've got to save room for dessert!

:D

***BEPSF never leaves Pinnacle hungry***

DH wanted to know if he can order more than one main course like he enjoyed doing in the main dining room when we went on Princess.

You could always go to both the Pinnacle and the dining room on the same night! You might as well ... you've paid for the d.r. meal anyway! :D

If you are having the rack of lamb the serving size is not 'so ample'.;)

It is normally about three 'chops'.... four would be just right. If the maitr'd asks for $30 for the extra piece you know what to tell him!

Stephen

Have to admit, Stephen, that in many visits to Pinnacles on this ship and that, neither of us has ordered lamb chops. Didnt know they were stingey with the chops ;) That won't do at all...... I'll remember to warn DH in case he decides to give 'em a try. :eek: Funny they'd serve such big steaks and then skimp on the lamb.

Have to admit, Stephen, that in many visits to Pinnacles on this ship and that, neither of us has ordered lamb chops. Didnt know they were stingey with the chops ;) That won't do at all...... I'll remember to warn DH in case he decides to give 'em a try. :eek: Funny they'd serve such big steaks and then skimp on the lamb.

You should! To be honest I prefer the rack of lamb to the sterling beef!

I wouldn't say the portions are 'stingy'.... it is just that they taste so damn good!

Stephen

Photo?

What photo?

...or are you still painting it?

;)

Sure, the lamb chops ain't so large, but there are plenty of starters & sides to choose from too - and you've got to save room for dessert!

:D

***BEPSF never leaves Pinnacle hungry***

Brian,

Cigarman posted the photo of the 'selection cart'.

I'd skip the starters and the desert just to have the extra lamb!:p

My favourite items are on the luncheon menu..... anti pasta... scallops... the Pacific rim beef..... even the small tenderloin......

Stephen

***** SJC Never leaves the Pinnacle Grill sober ****** unquote! :D

No you are not able to order more than 1 entree. You get everything from the appetizer to the dessert but no extra entree. Would be nice. But I am SURE that you will be filled up with just one meal.

And you can order as many side dishes as you wish for the entree. They are great! We usually order with DH approx 3 side's pp and have seen as many as 5 ordered. So no problem there.

The entree side dishes are:

Scalloped Potatoes

Oversized Washington Baked Potato

Creamed Spinach

Lemon-Wheat Berry Basmati Rice

Sauteed Button Mushrooms

Grilled Asparagus with Bearnaise Sauce

With a steak you could easily take for example one of the potatoes, spinach, mushrooms and asparagus. :) And I do believe (although I haven't asked myself) that if you'd ask for a double portion of a particular side you can have it.

Archived