L'Oreal Bare Naturale

celbercrz333

Ok, I did find this in Target and I bought it. While I've never tried Bare Escentuals, this could be similar. It's a powder with the brush built into the lid. I might be trying to put too much on, but it looked like beige powder on my face. Unelss I put a lot on, it didn't cover up my one big freckle. Not sure how different it is than just using Coty powder (or similar).

If anyone tries this item, let me know what you think. Thanks.

--Jo

At makeupalley.com there are 208 reviews for this product... it scores 3.9 out of 5 and 72% of the reviewers would buy it again.

Personally, I have been using the everday minerals samples that I received and after getting the hang of the application...I really like mineral foundations.:)

I bought the Loreal first to try out mineral makeup-but as you know-it was only foundation in one color. Later I bought bare essentials kit with the foundation, coverup and face powder plus the great brush. It was a nice package but you know-it is not better then the Loreal and the Loreal gave me more foundation-so I figured when I run out of the bare eessentails I will buy the loreal in more colors-so some can be fundation and some can be coverup. it will actually be less expensive since you are given more in their container.

What I like best about mineral makeup is it only takes a little- but it covers blemishes and scars very well-and the fact that it is not applied heavily I look a good 5 to ten years younger then in my old makeup.

I bought my daughter some also and it has helped her "time of the month" acne. she still has the acne somewhat but at least her whole face is not broken out horribly and she is able to cover the redness of the acne she does get.

Ok, I did find this in Target and I bought it. While I've never tried Bare Escentuals, this could be similar. It's a powder with the brush built into the lid. I might be trying to put too much on, but it looked like beige powder on my face. Unelss I put a lot on, it didn't cover up my one big freckle. Not sure how different it is than just using Coty powder (or similar).

If anyone tries this item, let me know what you think. Thanks.

--Jo

Jo you need to buy a lighter color for covering blemishes and just apply the lighter color to your freckles age spots blemishes etc. and then put your foundation color on top- but -you only use a TINY amount.

I am also an everyday minerals fan. You can order a FREE sample kit from them. After trying it for free, I did end up ordering a kit. My skin is VERY red and the regular foundation covers really great! But then i discovered that They have a green corrector that works fabulously! I love this stuff and will buy it forever! They have a website, www.everydayminerals.com and you can order your free samples.

Hope that helps!

Thanks everyone for your answers. I'm not trying to cover acne or blemishes, I'm trying to cover a large freckle. Klct, I've never heard of the Arbonne product, I might check that out.

Do you mean an age spot or "liver" spot? Those are hard to cover. I have 2 on my neck which I have had since I was around 30-so I have no idea why they are called age spots- I think birth control pills caused mine-but now that I am old enough for those things-I have never gotten anymore -so far. I am sure they are coming though.

I actually have some concealer put out by Revlon. It comes in this tiny compact and is in a creme-not dry like the mineral makeup. I use that not only on my age spots, but also I have this deep crease on my forehead. It minimizes all of that.

mom,

I think it's a freckle, but could be an age spot. I noticed it first 2 summers ago after being at the ocean. I tried using creme hair bleach and wound up whitening some skin around it. Now it's freaky looking and I'd like to look better for Christmas. Both my kids and my mom says it's not that noticeable. I feel like it is and just want to cover it up. I'm 49. Ronney--Everyday minerals are certainly affordable. I might check into those too. Thanks again everyone!

mom,

I think it's a freckle, but could be an age spot. I noticed it first 2 summers ago after being at the ocean. I tried using creme hair bleach and wound up whitening some skin around it. Now it's freaky looking and I'd like to look better for Christmas. Both my kids and my mom says it's not that noticeable. I feel like it is and just want to cover it up. I'm 49. Ronney--Everyday minerals are certainly affordable. I might check into those too. Thanks again everyone!

Well they say spending years in the sun and birth control pills both cause them. I am 52. My husband is 48 and he has a couple on his hands-so I guess his wasn't from birth control pills huh? LOL!

Look at a person who is in their 70's who was a sun worshiper. You will usually see they are covered in them.

Like I said nothing covers them that I know, but a concealer will minimize them. Ofcourse you know a visit to the dermatogist may help. I haven't done that because mine don't bother me that much- but then mine are on my neck and not my face, so not as obvious.

:confused:

Okay, I'm trying to follow above conversation and am seriously confused. Question: What is this "minerals" product? Is it its own company? What is its official name? Is it something you get at Target or Sephora or something that you have to order from above named website? I'm sorry if I sound like a dummy!

Thanks!!!

Okay, I'm trying to follow above conversation and am seriously confused. Question: What is this "minerals" product? Is it its own company? What is its official name? Is it something you get at Target or Sephora or something that you have to order from above named website? I'm sorry if I sound like a dummy!

Thanks!!!

There are a few "mineral" products out now, mine is Bare Escentuals and I get it at Sephora, Ulta or through QVC.

Eskwire

L'Oreal Bare Naturale is a foundation makeup that is all natural minerals. You can buy this at any store (Walmart, Target, etc) .It goes on like a powder.

I just found it not two weeks ago and love it!:D And you don't sound like a dummy, asking is knowing!:p L'Oreal is only one company that offers this type of foundation. Bare Escentuals is another company who has this mineral based poduct. Two of many.

Hope I helped and did'nt confuse you more:eek:!

Thanks!!!

Bare Esentuals but if you buy it off QVC it is called Bare Minerals.

The Bare Escentuals are great mineral makeup products...have been using them for many years and would never go back to those gloppy liquid foundations. It good for your skin and you don't have to worry about getting it off your face before going to bed...there's no problem.

However, as my BE/BM products are diminishing, I'm making a switch to Jane Iredale products which are highly recommended by dermatologists. They are not inexpensive...a bit more than BE, but they seem to make my skin look even better.

I use Bare Minerals and love it. I use the foundation, warmth, and mineral veil. My DD has some age spots on her face that she has hated for years. She started using Bare Minerals and just loves it. She uses their "Bisque" first to just cover the spots, then applies the foundation over that. It's amazing, you barely see them at all. My skin has never felt so good. I used heavy liquid foundations for years and years (I'm 57). I'll never use it again.

Archived