ROLL CALL: Diamond Princess Feb. 10, 2007

crosstown1

• 1 month later...

My partner and I are booked on this cruise. This will be our third cruise....Navigator/2005, Infinity/2006. We are from Toronto and are looking forward to a few days of rest in the sun. I haven't been to the Pacific side of Mexico so the ports will be new.

btw- I started a different thread a while back and will take a peak to see if we have any other fellow family members over there. (**update: I see that only Richard was already there....so no new people to add to this one).

Cheers!

Scott

Hey guys,

We're missing you by a week! We're going on the 2/17 cruise, and no one ever responded to our roll call either. I know that they have several FOD get togethers on this particular itenerary, and I'm sure that there will be a number of other guys on the ship, but not so many seem to read these boards (or probably are even aware of Cruise Critic at all).

So what excursions are you planning if any?

Thanks for the encouraging news about the FOD get togethers. We were on Infinity last winter and met up with an amazing group of 12. Met for cocktails before supper most nights. Arranged a big 'ladies luncheon' on the last day in the main dining room....they sat us at the captains table right in the middle of the dining room....so much fun. Best line of the cruise was an older chap who came over to our table and asked us how we managed to get away from our ladies....uproar of laughter. Waiters were swooning all over us...many in jest of course. Quite a memory given we are quite conservative at home.

We haven't booked any excursions yet. Pretty much make up our minds when we arrive in port. More explorer types than organized tour types. But do you have any great recommendations. I've never been to these ports before. I hear PVR has a vibrant wintering gay community.

Cheers!

My partner and I are booked on this cruise. This will be our third cruise....Navigator/2005, Infinity/2006. We are from Toronto and are looking forward to a few days of rest in the sun. I haven't been to the Pacific side of Mexico so the ports will be new.

btw- I started a different thread a while back and will take a peak to see if we have any other fellow family members over there. (**update: I see that only Richard was already there....so no new people to add to this one).

Cheers!

Scott

Very cool! I had noticed that thread, but it had not been active for a quite a while (and it wasn't dated). My partner started this one, which also sat idle until now.

We've also posted on the Roll Call you started on the regular Princess board as well, and it's been commented upon that you disappeared there too. Glad to see you back. :D

Now hopefully this board will start seeing some activity since we're now only 28 days away! :)

Hey guys,

We're missing you by a week! We're going on the 2/17 cruise, and no one ever responded to our roll call either. I know that they have several FOD get togethers on this particular itenerary, and I'm sure that there will be a number of other guys on the ship, but not so many seem to read these boards (or probably are even aware of Cruise Critic at all).

So what excursions are you planning if any?

We're planning on the Lighthouse tour in Mazetlan, but no other excurtions. Cabo and Puerto we'll just explore on our own. I wish there was more time in Cabo though.

This is our second cruise, and on this same itinerary, so we're going to relax and just enjoy it.

We're planning on booking another cruise while we're on board, and we're tossing between Alaska and the Caribbean. Any thoughts on either of those locations?

We're going to explore PV in the morning and then do the jungle canopy thing in the afternoon. I've heard the city has a large gay population (and specifically American ex-pat gay population), so that's cool. I know next to nothing about Mazatlan, so not sure about what to do there. Same with Cabo, but since it's such a short stay, we may just take one of the boat/bus tours.

We are looking forward to PV. A favorite winter nesting spot for folks from Canada too. Not sure about the other ports either.

We've thought about a Alaska cruise and might try that this summer after visiting friends during the Calgary Stampede.

Last couple carribean cruises have been great....only port we weren't fond of was Jamaica...Ochos Rios (sp?)...felt very grubby and unsafe. Seemed to be a common reaction among many. San Juan and St. Tomas are really nice. Royal Carribean also had a nice private island that was a great day....Navigator was a great ship....a few too many kids but fun nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Tinman from Kansas!

We can relate to the temperature. Minus 15 C in Toronto....about minus 10 F. One week away. Very excited. Going to try on summer clothes this weekend and start packing...busy week ahead. Flying to LA on Friday to avoid any travel/winter delays. Staying at the W. Heard that there are a few FOD get togethers on this cruise. Can't wait to meet you and others at one of these events. Cheers!

Hi, Tinman! It's been cold in SLC too, I can hardly wait this last week! It's going to be soooooo nice to be in warm weather, if only for a week.

We're going to do the lighthouse tour in Mazatlan also. Otherwise, were just going to explore the other ports on our own. We did this same cruise on the Star in 2002, this is our 2nd cruise.

Hey again Canadianguy! Flying in a day early is probably your best bet.

We're driving down from SLC starting Friday, stopping in Vegas to pick up a friend who's going with us.

I'm assuming there will be an FOD meeting or two aboard. We look forward to meeting you guys at one of those. :D

Drive safely Richard! I am flying to LA on Saturday morning - nonstop, so hopefully no flight delays! Almost packed here... My experience is that Princess usually has a FOD gathering in the Princess Patter... but if they don't, I'll be at the Wheelhouse Bar (on the Promenade Deck) around 6:00 on Saturday. :cool:

Hey guys, I won't be on your cruise, wish I was, but if you're concerned about the FOD meetings, email the CD. Put Cruise Director in the title of the email and send to diamondprincess@princesscruises.com and let him know you have a good bunch of gay men on the cruise who would appreciate FOD meetings scheduled on the sea days and mentioned in the Patters.

Have a great cruise.

Drive safely Richard! I am flying to LA on Saturday morning - nonstop, so hopefully no flight delays! Almost packed here... My experience is that Princess usually has a FOD gathering in the Princess Patter... but if they don't, I'll be at the Wheelhouse Bar (on the Promenade Deck) around 6:00 on Saturday. :cool:

Hey there! Hopefully you'll get this before you leave... I'll try and be at Wheelhouse at 6pm Saturday! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff and Scott & Paul, it was nice to meet you guys (and the rest of the rainbow group)! Keep in touch! I'll get our pics posted somewhere soon, we've got copies of the week's Patters and menus to scan in too. Once I get them posted, I'll let you know.

We got stuck in traffic in the LA area, it took about 3 hours to get past San Bernadino on I-15! But once we got past that, it was an easy drive the rest of the way.

We've been busy unpacking and getting settled back into things, it's back to the work grind tomorrow.

Take care,

Richard

Archived