Where to get the best prices on Princess cruises?

gouda

I'm pretty good at getting cruise deals, but I never seem to see any for Princess in my usual haunts (Travelzoo), except for very last minute which is difficult for school vacation planning.

Does anyone have any good sources? Thanks.

I'm curious because I never hear of anyone booking directly with Princess. For my last two cruises, I checked with just about everyone recommended on this board and found booking with Princess directly to be a bit less expensive. My last cruise was booked about a month in advance and this next cruise was booked about 7 months in advance. Is that unusual? Why does it seem that nobody books directly with Princess? Am I missing out on something?

The best price for Princess cruises in my past 7 booked Princess cruises has been bestpricecruises.com they are an IXL cruise only agency which means they get the best pricing from Princess which is President Pricing from Princess...never book through Princess directly for the best pricing its like booking a crusie on expedia or travelocity...no great discounts or deals to be had!:cool: :eek: :cool:

Book with Princess directly.Most of the times they give me a good rate(Single)

Did just change a booking to another one because thought they went a little overboard on a booking to the Med....changed to 14 day Caribbean and have great deal.

Find my Cruise documents come far faster when booking directly plus if I have any questions can speak to Princess directly at any time,hated having to have questions relayed second hand maybe one or two days after asking,as one sometimes does with a TA...Princess will not discuss your cruise with you if you have booked with a travel agent.

I'm curious because I never hear of anyone booking directly with Princess. For my last two cruises, I checked with just about everyone recommended on this board and found booking with Princess directly to be a bit less expensive. My last cruise was booked about a month in advance and this next cruise was booked about 7 months in advance. Is that unusual? Why does it seem that nobody books directly with Princess? Am I missing out on something?
You are not the only one who has found booking with Princess a good deal. :) Those of us that do book directly usually do not post that because as you will see everyone is going to tell you that you will NEVER get a better deal with Princess directly for a thousand different reasons and the overwhelming one is that others cut their commissions and Princess can't do that for you, which they can't. If you say you got a great past passanger rate directly through Princess that you could not find elsewhere they will tell you that if you had the right TA or looked in the right place you could have done better. If you say TA's seem to "muddy the water" or that you get price reductions when booking with Princess that TA's never gave you they will say that it is because you don't have the best TA or on-line booking service that will get you the same reductions.

Timing is one of the biggest factors in finding cruise fares and that can vary so much from cruise to cruise that it is impossible to say when the absolute best fare will come available or if you or your TA, if they have the time to watch for an already booked cruise which they usually don't because they are too busy making money from new bookings, will see it.

I am not disputing anyone elses opinion because an opinion is just that and not necessarily a fact. Do what you find works best for you and be happy with your decision and the price you have gotten. When spending 6 or 7 thousand dollars just for the cruise fare and several more for the total trip we prefer having more control over our trip than have found someone else can provide and the few dollars we might have saved by giving up this control is not worth it for us. We have also gotten quotes from the "recommended" best TAs and they have not come close to what we have gotten directly from Princess.

I booked directly with Princess for my up coming cruise. Their price was as competative as any found. There does come a time when you must stop looking and book. I don't continue to compare afterward either, especially if I have a specific want and it's accommodated. The rate I received was over the phone. They did not contact me with a special rate because of my captain's circle account or because of a special e-mailing program. I called them, but let them know if you are a captain's circle member when you make your inquirery.

We've booked with Cruise Club of America for our first Princess cruise in November and they came in with the cheapest price I've been able to find anywhere. They will send e-mails with specials and they're not necessarily last minute. Good Luck.

Another vote for kimskruises!

I also consider myself pretty adept at finding travel bargains and was very happy with another online agency. However, for Princess, I have not found a quote to beat hers yet. You will also end up with some type of onboard credit which is a nice little perk. I am surprised that anyone would recommend the cruise line directly. I've never found that to be the way to go.

Mring I have been treated by Princess in a very fair manner when I book directly with them.........I had a bad experience with a TA in Vancouver...also talked to many different TA's and Princess comes out tops. As many of us have said before 'Why fix if its not broken'.

Also I am always bugging them with questions.....would drive a TA nuts!!!!!!!!

I feel most people call Princess to get their rate just as a starting point to shop for the best deal. No problem, you do have to start somewhere. But I'll just bet they are on the internet constantly checking Travelaxe or Travel city, their TA or having conversations on the message boards, in regards to pricing. They will at best, spot check back with the cruiseline, if at all; to see if their rates have improved. If as much research went on with the cruiseline's as with other sources, potential passengers may be suprised to see just how competative the cruiseline can be. The price I had from Princess could not be improved upon. When Princess's costs came down, the agencies were still advertising their same off priced promotions as before. I will agree, it is a timing situation along with perseverance.

We booked our first cruise direct with Princess, and it is the only one where we had a significant upgrade. Wonder if direct bookings tend to get better/more upgrades? Now I book with Kim because she is the cheapest. BTW, did you know that Kim books all cruise lines, even Carnival? I just referred our secretary to her for a Carnival Glory cruise -- she was the lowest again! (Sec couldn't afford Princess -- a diff of $300/cabin for inside.)

I too booked next cruise directly with Princess. They were the same price for a mini-suite as were several of the discounters save a couple that were slightly lower. Besides saving $50.00 by going with Uncle Willies Cruise-O-Rama or some other online agencies isn't worth the worry of wondering when my docs are coming or if the fare went lower am I going to get it. Some have great experiences some don't. I'm always sure with booking with cruise line.

I got a email this morning from Kim notifying me of a $212.50 rate decrease on our inside cabin for our November cruise. This is the third decrease since we booked several months ago....2 decreases on our balcony cabins and 1 on the inside cabin. I research prices a lot when I am about to book a cruise and I can tell you that cruisequick and kimskruises can't be beat. Cruisequick seems to have the edge on RCI/Celebrity and Kim has the lock on Princess.

The service from both have always been great!

I got a email this morning from Kim notifying me of a $212.50 rate decrease on our inside cabin for our November cruise. This is the third decrease since we booked several months ago....2 decreases on our balcony cabins and 1 on the inside cabin. I research prices a lot when I am about to book a cruise and I can tell you that cruisequick and kimskruises can't be beat. Cruisequick seems to have the edge on RCI/Celebrity and Kim has the lock on Princess.The service from both have always been great!
That's great when a TA keeps on top of things like that. FYI booked with Princess and our BA was cheaper than what they are now asking for an FF.

Anyone booked through "itakeatrip.com"? On the advice of others, I checked their 8/2005 price for the Caribbean Princess and came out quite a bit less expensive than any of the others you mention here.

We Found Cruise-pros.com To Be The Best Around For Us And We Have Just Booked For Mexican Riviera And Hawaii In November Great Prices And On Board Credits,lisa Is Just Great At Getting The Best Deals. Give Her A Try!!!!!

Kimskruises definately. We got a Caribe (cat BB) cabin for $80.00 more per person than Orbitz wanted for an inside. I research alot and have never seen prices as cheap as hers.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Jen

Archived