Savona, Italy

We are thinking about taking a cruise out of Savona in October. Has anyone stayed in Savona?:confused: Or would it be a lot better to stay in Genoa. :confused: What hotels have you stayed at if any. There is just a couple in Savona, we will fly in two days pre-cruise.:) Thanks you for your help.

Delores

Savona is not much of a tourist town. Old steel mills if you like to tour those. :)

Genoa: I like the city, my wife does not. It has the feel of a rather "gritty" port twon -- well, it IS a gritty port town. There is enough to do and see to keep one occupied for a couple of days.

Paul

I agree with the previous post regarding Savona. As to Genoa, the city does have its good points. A few years ago we spend a night there (per cruise) and were not very impressed (we walked miles of the streets). This past April we were again in Genoa (a port day) and were amazed with all the new development on the water front. Its almost like the town planners had visited the Baltimore Inner Harbor and than tried to do a similar development in Genoa. The Aquarium (its in the water front area) is one of the best in the world and certainly worth a 2-3 hour visit.

Hank

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed in Genoa October of last year. We stayed at the Hotel Bristol Palace. The hotel was very nice and they set us up with a private driver to take us to the Savona pier the day of the cruise. I think the drive took around 45 minutes or so and cost about 80 Euros or so. I was just looking to see if I could find the link for you but they must have changed the webpage or maybe I am just crazy this evening. You can find info on the hotel if you look by name, lots of hotel booking sites have it listed. If you want more info let me know.

Thank you April2412 for your information. I think we have desided to sail out of Civitaveccchia Port on RCI, Legend of the Seas. Will either stay at that port or stay in Rome. There are so many nice hotels in Rome having a hard time making up our mind. Since we have both been to Rome before we may stay at the port.

Archived