Key West and Calica

Raceroc

Fascination Jan 29, 2007

Key West from 7:30am to 2:00pm.

Calica/PDC from 1:00pm to 8:00pm.

Looking for "not to be missed" stuff to do in these ports.

We like fairly active stuff. We're Not interested in shopping.

The odd times in these ports really make it hard to find things to do.

Thanks!

Fascination Jan 29, 2007

Key West from 7:30am to 2:00pm.

Calica/PDC from 1:00pm to 8:00pm.

Looking for "not to be missed" stuff to do in these ports.

We like fairly active stuff. We're Not interested in shopping.

The odd times in these ports really make it hard to find things to do.

Thanks!

For Calica you can do Xcarat or Tulum. For either of these I would recommend getting off early and renting a jeep right at the pier. They are around $60-75US for the day and both places are directly south on 307, the same road the port is on.

Key West has tons of things to do or see, but your time there does make many of them difficult. If you like history take one of the many historic tours of the island. If you like turtles visit the turtle museum. Or just wander down Duvall and visit the various bars and take in the local flavor. Oh, and if you want you picture taken at the farthest point south remember it is on the opposite end of Duvall from most of the main bars.

Once you are out of the port area (you have to take a trolly) catch one of the pedicabs for travel, not very expensive and will save you lots of time traveling in comfort.

Raceroc - we are taking the Facination to Calica and Key West in April (taking kids this time) would be very interested when you get back to hear how it was! Kids can't wait to go on a cruise as it will be their first ever. They are 19, 17 and 16 so I am sure they will love it.

Thanks everyone for posting hints about where to go as I was curious also!!

We decided to parasail in key west then hang out on Duval st.

Still deciding on Calica. We wanted to zip or snorkel or both. I read that snorkeling at Xcaret is not so good.

I emailed Edventures but have not heard back yet.

Moderators??? Why was this thread moved to "Key West"???

I wanted specific info from Carnival guests!

Also wanted info on Calica!

Well, Key West offers the same attractions to all cruiseship passengers regardless of the cruiseline. The only retsrictions you will have on your activities in Key West will be the time constraints of your time in port.

If you like active pursuits, Key West has jet ski rentals, parasailing, diving, historic walkng tours. You can rent scooters or electric cars and ride around town or take a bicycle tour or climb the many steps to the top of Key West lighthouse. Or you can fly over Key West in a red bi-plane.

Key West has a variety of museums including the popular Mel Fisher's Treasure museum featuring emerlads and Spanish coins taken from the sunken treasure ship La Atocha. You can go to the Hemingway House, Truman's Winter White House, the Pirate Museum, the Ship Wreck Historeum, the Audubon House, the Butterfly Conservatory, the Aquarium, a new ecology museum has just opened (or is about to open.)

Archived