#### LIVE FROM THE GOLDEN PRINCESS #### (17 Days Starting 11/29/06)

JotWorld

GM Live from the Golden on a lovely day in Gibraltar at The Rock!:) Forecast 64F & Sunny (Wow this Great Weather will not quite!;) ) only 8 Miles from Africa & the Straits are 36 Miles long. Will go see the Caves & Apes:eek: & Cable Cars this PM. We like PM's as we sleep late, and wake up slow, & it Warmer in the PM this time of year it's Nicer! :) We are at the Pier & it is a 20 min walk to town, or $2 Euros for a shuttle by the port auth. This is a British Area, but Euro's & US $'s are widely accepted!

This Rock is something I'm quite interested in seeing. All My Life I heard: "The Rock of Gibraltar" Nothing is stronger than..... :D Wow! It is some Rock, I can see it off the Starboard side, 1,396' high & a Sheer vertical face to the East! Later............................BTW The Entertainment Contines to Rock, the Juggler/Comedian was Super, got a Full Standing Ovation & Maurizio and his Piano/Voice/sparkle, had them Packed in 4 Deep along the railing in the Promenade Lounge, we enjoyed for 90+ mins at least. Bill

A quick cruise question. There are a number of places in the Princess cruise books for 2007 where the cruises are not named. Does anyone know when the HQ's announces upcoming cruise itineraries? We were so pleased with the Golden that we would like to know if there is any princess ship we should avoid.

Judy

Europe typically gets released in March or late Feb of 2007 for 2008 season and Exotics get released in May early June for sailing beyond April of 2008 until April of 2009. Caribbean, Panama Canal get released in Feb/March of 2007 for 2008 sailings.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

GM Live from the Golden on a lovely day in Gibraltar at The Rock!:) Forecast 64F & Sunny (Wow this Great Weather will not quite!;) ) only 8 Miles from Africa & the Straits are 36 Miles long. This Rock is something I'm quite interested in seeing. All My Life I heard: "The Rock of Gibraltar" Nothing is stronger than..... :D Wow! It is some Rock, I can see it off the Starboard side, 1,396' high & a Sheer vertical face to the East! Later............................ Bill

Bill, you are fortunate to have such good weather sailing through the Straits. Our passing was shrouded in mist, fog, and low clouds. We saw the top of the rock..which was better than nothing.

For some reason, we saw Africa quite clearly. Enjoy your day!

GM Live from the Golden on a lovely day in Gibraltar at The Rock!:)

This Rock is something I'm quite interested in seeing. All My Life I heard: "The Rock of Gibraltar" Nothing is stronger than..... :D Wow! It is some Rock, I can see it off the Starboard side, 1,396' high & a Sheer vertical face to the East! Bill

I sure wish they would turn the Bridge Cam around so that the rest of us could see it. Maybe that's something to be discussed with head Princess folks. The Bridge Cam should always be pointed in a direction of interest.

Another question, if I may, are there DVD players built into the TVs? I carried a portable with us on a HAL cruise and was surprised to see there were DVD players in the cabin. Guess I should have asked first :D

Another question, if I may, are there DVD players built into the TVs? I carried a portable with us on a HAL cruise and was surprised to see there were DVD players in the cabin. Guess I should have asked first :D

AFAIK, the only cabins that have DVD players are the full suites. We usually book a mini, and I'm still carrying my own portable player.

Arlene

Only in Fluu Suites such as CAT VS, PS, PH, OS and GS.

I had one in the Owners Suite while I was onboard on Oct 29th.

Tony

Dumb question...Is the bridge camera on the ship? I didn't know it had one. How can I see it?

It sure is, you can see it at princess.com, then ships, then Golden & then Bridge Cam:) You can see all the Ships' bridge cams once you get one, just use the Pull down box above the Cam PIC!;) My Best! Bill

BTW We are just leaving The Rock of Gibraltar now & going into the 36 mile Straits! Will be in the Atlantic Ocean in about 90 Min per the Captain!;) Bill

Thanks Tony and Arlene :D I'm assuming then, that the tvs have audio and video in connections on them? *Hoping*

Unless some else knows now, Someone?:D Thanks everyone for helping me with the ????'s you know, saves me alot of time & I can do some other things, Like reporting more on the Current Ship Things (Caroline;) ) My Best!

Bill

Unless some else knows now, Someone?:D Thanks everyone for helping me with the ????'s you know, saves me alot of time & I can do some other things, Like reporting more on the Current Ship Things (Caroline;) ) My Best!

Bill

Yes the TV's on teh front panels have the video imput/output plugs.

Tony

I always have web cam pages open....love to see where the ships are :D

Here is a favorite site of mine :)

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/

Look at the 180 ipix cam for the Golden......not sure how current it is though..........

Excellent, I always have it up(The Kroooz -cams, that is:eek: ) when I'm at home.:o Thank you!:) My Best! Bill

Wow, what a Great View of the African Coast in the Straits of Gibraltar!Sun is still up for another 15 Minutes, we Gain 1 hr tonight, 1 of 6 time changes we will have, 6 Days at Sea & almost all of them will be 25 Hours long!:D The Rock & the Apes were Great today the Weather was Sunny & in the low 70's Wow, couldn't ask for better! The Walking tour was a Great Tour & Very cost effective. The Cable Car Ride also was spectacular!

One Ape jumped from a railing onto my Head & bounced to the Next level, what a surprise!:eek: Then Later an ape jumped out from Nowhere & hung on my side & Arm for a Moment!:eek: I Guess, I'm going to have to Stop wearing the new "GO APE" Cologne!:D Time for Dinner(With Full Moon Rising in Our Large Window Table#103 for 4 (2 only), what a Perfect table it has been so far, Great Moon view, every night) & the Show.;) Later............. Bill

Bill,

Beginning to look at the Copenhagen to Rome tour. How did your leg fare on the tour at Gibralter? I have a bad knee and like to know ahead of time how it might be.

I received your email and would appreciate it if you would thank Claudio for me.

Judy

I am really enjoying the Golden postings, she really is my favourite ship. The entertainment in October was the best I have seen on a ship. Is Brandi Chapman still on board as she was sensational. Also Darren Lynton who lives close to us in the UK.

Hi There,

For those lucky people on the Golden, can you tell me if the South African couple (crew) are still on board, she works in the shops he works as a waiter. They should have just got married I think they were getting married in Scotland her family came from there.

yours Shogun

Sorry but can not recall names

Bill and Arlene,

Sounds like you are really enjoying this cruise, especially the entertainment. I think that can really make your cruise. I love the entertainment on cruise ships.....can't understand why some people say they never go to them. The nice weather you're having helps too. Continue to enjoy your cruise!!!!!

and I'm still carrying my own portable player.

Arlene, how many suitcases do you bring for your comforter, coffee machine, DVD player and who knows what else? lol. Do you have any room for your clothes and shoes?

Mary

Hi Bill:

Now that it's December (and those of us living in Canada have already seen some snow), I'm thinking about Christmas. Wondering if the Golden Princess and any other of the beautiful Princess fleet are displaying any holiday themed items...ie Christmas tree in the atrium, pointsettias at the Pursers desk, gingerbread cookies in the Horizon Court or perhaps Christmas movies in the theatre??? It may be early yet for these displays but what is the usual pattern on "your home away from home"?

BTW, I love "all" the postings, the bantering and general discussions about blankies and baaaaa make me LOL and make everyone seem so real. PS..I even love Caroline's postings ;)

Jan

Hi Bill:

Now that it's December (and those of us living in Canada have already seen some snow), I'm thinking about Christmas. Wondering if the Golden Princess and any other of the beautiful Princess fleet are displaying any holiday themed items...ie Christmas tree in the atrium, pointsettias at the Pursers desk, gingerbread cookies in the Horizon Court or perhaps Christmas movies in the theatre??? It may be early yet for these displays but what is the usual pattern on "your home away from home"?

BTW, I love "all" the postings, the bantering and general discussions about blankies and baaaaa make me LOL and make everyone seem so real. PS..I even love Caroline's postings ;)

Jan

Xmas you said?

11/15/2006

Princess Ships Deck the Halls - and their Masts - For a Festive Holiday Season at Sea

Special Celebrations Ring in Christmas, Hanukkah and the New Year

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (November 15, 2006) -- From the Christmas tree adorning the ship's mast to a visit from Santa, the holiday season brings a special kind of cheer to Princess ships. This year, Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year celebrations will be in full swing fleetwide, with several new seasonal activities for passengers to enjoy.

Trimmed from stem to stern in festive holiday décor, Princess ships will reflect the season in a variety of ways. Special menus and culinary displays will offer traditional goodies. Strolling carolers and live musicians will fill the air with the sounds of the season. And the ship's movie screens will feature the holiday classics loved by young and old alike.

Some special activities debut this season, adding to the festivities. Children of all ages will enjoy a special reading of "The Night Before Christmas" by a member of the ship's company. A holiday production show debuts in the Princess Theater on select ships, with the opportunity for photos with the cast members in their holiday finery.

On Christmas Eve, passengers will sit down to a dinner of traditional holiday fare, and on Christmas Day passengers can enjoy a cup of eggnog, plus a sumptuous brunch including roast turkey and all the trimmings. Freshly prepared stolen and Christmas cookies round out the seasonal treats.

A full day of activities on Christmas Day centers around the atrium, with events for young and old. A spectacular display from the ship's culinary team, including a variety of gingerbread houses, will delight the senses. Santa is sure to drop in with gifts, and stay for a special photo session to capture the moment with passengers. Elsewhere, a holiday variety show adds a seasonal element to the ship's entertainment offerings. Religious services are held as well, and passengers can attend midnight mass or an inter-denominational church service performed by onboard clergy.

Christmas For Kids -- Christmas Day will be especially festive for the ship's younger cruisers. Santa Claus is sure to make an appearance with his sack full of toys, along with his Princess helper, Pelican Pete. A fun-filled holiday fair in the atrium offers youngsters the opportunity to try their hand at cookie decorating, balloon making, face painting, games and other competitions. The Youth centers will host holiday parties for each age group, and kids can make decorations to display on the center's Christmas tree. Youngsters can get creative with other holiday-themed arts and crafts projects throughout the cruise, and they will have an opportunity to sing Christmas carols for passengers. Classic family holiday movies will be screened in the kids centers and the ship's theaters. For parents who want to stay up later to celebrate the holidays, free late-night group kid sitting sessions will be available on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.

Hanukkah -- Passengers celebrating the festival of lights on board can participate in religious services, including special prayer and song services conducted by a rabbi who sails during the holiday period. A special area of the ship is reserved for those participating in these events and ships display menorahs and fresh flower arrangements decorated in the Hanukkah colors of blue, silver and white. Children will enjoy themed arts and crafts pertinent to the holiday, which runs from December 15 to 22. Ringing in the New Year -- Princess ships will welcome 2007 in style with a fun-filled New Year's Eve party where revelers can count down to the new year with music, confetti, noise-makers and a balloon drop. Earlier in the evening, passengers will enjoy a special New Year's Eve menu. And once the new year arrives, football fans will be pleased to know they won't miss the day's traditional college bowl games, as the telecasts will be shown (if available) in a shipboard lounge or on some vessels' giant Movies Under the Stars screen, complete with a full buffet of "munchies" such as popcorn, chips, mini hot dogs or burgers, and other assorted goodies.

Tony

Archived