Sea Princess

catsdinner

Does anyone know if Cabin A737 is really a cabin where the beds does not convert to a queen because of allowing for the 3rd or 4th passenger. We have been assigned this room on a BB Gty and we've been told by our TA that it is non convertable to a Queen. There is a star icon on the Princess website which says the same thing. On our personalizer it says it is a convertable twin. Anybody know for sure?

thanks

Does anyone know if Cabin A737 is really a cabin where the beds does not convert to a queen because of allowing for the 3rd or 4th passenger. We have been assigned this room on a BB Gty and we've been told by our TA that it is non convertable to a Queen. There is a star icon on the Princess website which says the same thing. On our personalizer it says it is a convertable twin. Anybody know for sure? thanks

I would think it would be "non convertable" if there is a third and/or fourth passenger in the cabin. This would require the upper bunk bed(s) down and the only way to configure the lower is a twins under the upper bunks.

If the room is to be for only two, they may be able to convert it, but that would just be a quess because they may have those twins "bolted" to the wall or floor.

We were assigned to this exact same cabin on the second leg of a b2b this November on the Sun (sister ship). The beds fold out from the wall. One bed can be pushed against the other, but there is a bar on the one bed that pulls down from the wall, therefore, when the beds are pushed together, there is a bar in the middle. One other problem is that if you push the beds together, you have to crawl in (there is no way to get around the beds as they completely block the hall (by the bathroom). Didn't work at all. I wrote a letter to the Passenger Service Director explaining that this was unacceptable for us. (The cruise before, we checked with the purser's office and they assured us that the beds went together). We got lucky......there were some passengers that were supposed to join us at the 1st port of call and they didn't show, so they moved us back to Riviera deck (right next door from where we had been on the 1st leg). Now, there is one good thing about this cabin IF you sleep in twin beds. During the day, they all fold up and it's like having a living room. But, that was not enough for us to want to move...... Good luck....

We were assigned to this exact same cabin on the second leg of a b2b this November on the Sun (sister ship). The beds fold out from the wall. One bed can be pushed against the other, but there is a bar on the one bed that pulls down from the wall, therefore, when the beds are pushed together, there is a bar in the middle. One other problem is that if you push the beds together, you have to crawl in (there is no way to get around the beds as they completely block the hall (by the bathroom). Didn't work at all. I wrote a letter to the Passenger Service Director explaining that this was unacceptable for us. (The cruise before, we checked with the purser's office and they assured us that the beds went together). We got lucky......there were some passengers that were supposed to join us at the 1st port of call and they didn't show, so they moved us back to Riviera deck (right next door from where we had been on the 1st leg). Now, there is one good thing about this cabin IF you sleep in twin beds. During the day, they all fold up and it's like having a living room. But, that was not enough for us to want to move...... Good luck....

That is exactly what I have read about these cabins, very undesireable, especially for two passengers only sharing a cabin. :(

We have been assigned that exact same cabin, Aloha A737, on the Feb 3-17 Sea Princess cruise. We booked a BB Balcony GTY in October 2005 (17 months out) and now both Princess Customer Service and our TA told me the cabin is not convertible to a queen bed. I wasn't sure why until I read this thread. Now we want to move since we are only one couple, but I'm not sure if that will be possible since the ship is almost full. We are on a waiting list for BA and BC cabins. Hope you are able to change. Good luck!

This is one of those circumstances that some of us warn about guarantee cabin assingments. There are some cabins that are really not the best, but when booking a guarantee, sometimes that is what you are assigned. If the ship is totally booked, there isn't much you can do about it, nothing left to change to. Best of luck!

Thanks all for your help. Our TA has put us on a waiting list for another cabin but not much hope of that with a sold out ship. she said we are # 19 on the waiting list for a change. We booked it last January and know two other couples who booked a GTY after us and got better cabins. I guess it doesn't matter how long out you book.

I have always been pleased with Guaranteed cabins. Four different times we have had upgrades from Oceanview (GTY) to Balcony; then we began to book a Balcony since my husband liked it better. This is the first cabin A737 that has not been a good choice. I will think more about a GTY next booking, especially if it's a 14-day cruise. Hope you get to change your cabin. We will still be happy with the cruise even if we have A737. It will give us lots of exercise walking the stairs to Aloha each time!

Archived