Use cash instead of credit card on board?

mexico5

Mexico 5,

I remember you asking questions about an upcoming cruises several months ago. Is this the cruise you were asking about or is this another one?

I hope you have a wonderful time and won't encounter any unforseen issues with luggage or your Princess onboard account. I think you're wise to visit the Purser's desk every couple of days to check the accuracy of your statement and make regular payments instead of waiting until the last night when the lines will be long, patience in short supply, and tempers a tad testy ;) .

Safe trip and happy cruising!

Chris

Princess releases the hold when they close out your account and 'charge' your final bill.

It depends on your own bank as to how long it takes them to process that release. Since debit cards operate differently than credit cards, and many people don't keep a lot of excess funds (as much as a typical credit limit) in the checking account, they are more likely to notice a hold remaining for a few extra days.

Archived