Weather in late January, Bahamas/Florida

All you can do is watch the weather in the midwest. If there are lots of cold, arctic fronts plunging from Canada......we (Florida) get those, too. If it's pretty calm with mild weather we will be in the mid to high 70s...ad 50s at nite. Christmas time til the end of Jan. is always a toss up around here. We get spectacular weather one year and chilly the next. Now, Our definition of chilly is 40-50s.....so take that into account. :rolleyes:

Depends where you're from... Is 70 chilly to you?

Typical temps for us are between 10 and 20 (fahrenheit) in January. We flew to FLL last January in jeans and sweaters, and spent the rest of the weekend in shorts. :)

Our first port in Freeport, Bahamas however brought us back to jeans and t-shirts. Definitely a toss-up. Wear warm on the plane just in case. :cool:

We were in Nassau in January and there was a cold snap hitting Florida and the Bahamas. It was pretty chilly for the Bahamas. If I remember correctly it was in the high 60's/low 70's, which isn't really COLD. But it did rain a few days and we didn't really enjoy the water very much. Towards the end of the week it warmed up some, but it wasn't as hot and humid as I remember it being in the summer. I wore jeans most of the week.

We were there again in May and it rained everyday and was pretty mild. Again not COLD but certainly not hot enough to be laying out by the pool.

Anyway, I don't know if that's normal for that time of year or not, but I would imagine you could watch the weather forecasts and get a good idea of what to bring.

All you can do is watch the weather in the midwest. If there are lots of cold, arctic fronts plunging from Canada......we (Florida) get those, too. If it's pretty calm with mild weather we will be in the mid to high 70s...ad 50s at nite. Christmas time til the end of Jan. is always a toss up around here. We get spectacular weather one year and chilly the next. Now, Our definition of chilly is 40-50s.....so take that into account. :rolleyes:

Chilly is 40-50's ????????? :eek: Try 65 !!!! :D I have a fire burning at 65 !! :rolleyes: Hi from Sarasota :)

Sue (too )

Archived