Thalassotherapy Pool

timbo89

I just read Carolyn Spencer Brown's very complimentary review of the Nautica, and was interested by the following comment:

"And if you're residing in a suite, make sure to take advantage of the free entrance to the spa's thalassotherapy pool. That's a major perk."

I have been on two Oceania cruises in Penthouse Suites, and have never been offered this option - in fact, I have been charged for the use of the Thalassotherapy Pool....

Does anyone know when this changed?

I just returned from the Insignia. I used one of the Spa's services but was never told I could use the Thalassotherapy Pool. Later on another guest told me I could have used the pool after my treatment as a perk for purchasing a Spa service. I went back to the Spa the next day but was told I'd have to pay to use the pool that day. Needless to say I was not a happy camper.

I have travelled with Oceania a few times in both OS and VS, sometimes they will offer you free use and other times not! doesnt seem to be a reason why as we have been given use when in the vista and not when in the owners.

guess that will add to the confusion.

regards JimGib

I had read in the Oceania packet we got with our tickets that the pool was free an hour before and for an hour after any spa treatment. It was also mentioned when we booked the spa treatments.

We cruised in July to the Baltic and used the Thalassotherapy Pool on five or six occassions. Twice it was just before a massage and the others were after long shore excursions as a nice soak :D before showering for dinner. We were in a Penthouse suite and never were charged for the use of the pool. And I checked in at the counter for a key to the lockers each time and told the staff what I was doing.

The spa is run by a contractor - and the employees are employed by the contractor. It might just be a different group of employees were told different things by their employer? Sounds like Oceania and the contractor need to communicate a little better. ............. ;) But, they should only communicate if it means I get free use again when we do a transatlantic in March 2007.

I was also surprised not to get a hard sell for buying products during my massage....maybe I just got real lucky. If that is the case....I was luckier in the spa than at the blackjack tables....:cool:

One note - if there is rough weather or large waves, they close the Thalassotherapy Pool for safety reasons. And don't wear a bathing suit in the salty pool water that you like.....some bathing suits fade or get damaged due to the special water in the Thalassotherapy Pool.

Archived