Cool Fanny Pack?!!?

stephuney

O.k., so we had an early Christmas and I got my "f" pack!!! It's actually a "Revelation Jansport WAIST Pack." It comes with a little container for water - perfect! I may look geekie, but hey, I'm going to be handfree to do anything I want!!!

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I use fanny bags all the time. I use then on and off the ship. I sew lots on my skirts and pants for my cruises. I make a fanny bag in the same fabric as the pants or skirt. Each pants or skirts has a bag to match. On board the ship I put my room key in it etc. A t first I just made the pants and skirts and I would wear them on board and on one ever knew that I sew them. But when I added the matching fanny bag to each outfit I get stopped every day by ladies ( and some times men) asking me where did I but the outfit. They tell me that they love the bags. So I feel that if you have a fanny bag that looks good with your outfit go a head and use it.

Maria

when i first saw the thread i thought someone was trying to bring back the fanny pack and make it COOL......lol....last time i think i wore was in 1990 the packs were still COOL then....lol...and we were at Knotts Berry Farm in CA and around some goats and the goat ate my Mickey Mouse Ears keychain that was hanging off of it:eek: i just had gotten at Disneyland...my fondest memory of my fanny pack days:D......lol....

when i first saw the thread i thought someone was trying to bring back the fanny pack and make it COOL......lol....last time i think i wore was in 1990 the packs were still COOL then....lol...and we were at Knotts Berry Farm in CA and around some goats and the goat ate my Mickey Mouse Ears keychain that was hanging off of it:eek: i just had gotten at Disneyland...my fondest memory of my fanny pack days:D......lol....

Hysterical! :D:D:D

That's the same problem I have with a cross-body, except it hurts my shoulder and neck, so I do the...um...:oaround the waist, too. Coach puts out a version called a "Hip Bag" which is adorable (saw it in the outlet store), and I really like the idea of threading the shoulder strap of a small cross-bosy through your belt loops. Not fond of wristlets because they do get in the way (unless I thread that through a belt loop, too). (I know this is a zombie thread, but it's a pretty hot topic, still!)

I have the Brighton bag in the link posted by Happy ks. I love the bag but there is just no way I can fit a lipstick in the bag. Since I cannot leave the house without lipstick I think I need a suggestion for where to find a travel size lipstick. LOL. I remember some years ago when you could get sample sizes of lipsticks from various companies at the drugstore for a small fee. Please can anyone help me find some itzy-bitzy lipsticks?

I realized almost as soon as I posted just how old this thread was. So darn funny! However, I still need help in finding a lipstick that will fit in my wallet type shoulder bags such as my Brighton. HELP!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Had no idea "fanny" was inapproriate in some circles. Always thought the word "bum" when used in reference to one's backside was a bit low-brow. So, now it has to be a derrière pak! :):):):):)

It's because the word 'fanny' means female genitals in UK, Australia, New Zealand etc.

Archived