"Live from Adventure of the Seas"

You two are awsume-- I feel like we are there with you every step of the way --Thanks for the pre-cruise info as we will be in San Juan two nights pre-cruise on JAN.12 (JAN. 14th cruise)-- Check out the RFS onboard for us and tell if we will like our room --Have a GREAT time and look forward to up-dates as you go --HAPPY CRUISING to ALL !!!!!!!!

Yes, I must echo the same sentiment, thanks so very much for taking the time to post live for us. I am very anxious to read more. Let us know what the weather is like also. We leave next Sunday on the Freedom and would just like to kind of know what the temps are running and if it's been sunny. Have a great cruise!!

Yes, I must echo the same sentiment, thanks so very much for taking the time to post live for us. I am very anxious to read more. Let us know what the weather is like also. We leave next Sunday on the Freedom and would just like to kind of know what the temps are running and if it's been sunny. Have a great cruise!!

Greetings everyone!

Well, we left our hotel at around 11:30 and arrived at the terminal at 11:40. We were greeted by the longest line of any of our cruises yet - looks like everyone wanted to get aboard Adventure as quickly as possible. The line began to form at 11 AM. But once in line, we were very quickly processed (in part since we are in the Owners Suite and were able to go into a special line) and were onboard by noon. So Embarkation gets a very good score for organization and speed.

First impressions of the ship - She is more than holding her own considering her age. You have to be pretty critical to find things to complain about concerning her appearance. Sure, if you are looking you can see a bit of frayed carpeting (VERY hard to find), but she really is in good shape. She appears to be in better shape right now than Radiance was last year in January. But let me emphasize that things look wonderful!!

I notice now that I forgot my compass to let you know who the captain and Cruise Director are! But they are advertised on the threads I read before coming here - so no surprises thus far!

The weather today was what I would call "popcorn" - sunny and then a passing pop-up shower would occur that might last 3-5 minutes. Then the sun would come out again - so it was a very nice day!

I will comment on our wonderful owners suite in a later post (hopefully later tonight), but we are coming up on our Muster drill - which is at 8:30 PM. The first dinner is pushed back due to the muster - so Late seating (which we are at) is at 9 PM the first night.

The only glitch so far is with the in-room internet system - I can't make it work and am waiting for someone from Guest Services to help us out. They told me it might be tomorrow, so to help me out due to the inconvenience they gave me 1 hour credit in the Internet Cafe - which is where I am typing right now. So good Customer Service as well - and I'm sure we'll get the in-room Internet System figured out. It is $100 for the week with unlimited minutes, so they have already given me a $30 value (at .50 a minute).

So far so good - a wonderful ship, good staff, and pretty good weather! But a cruise is always what you make it - remember that YOU always create your own weather!

Next post - 1st Dinner comments, a Room Tour, and an answer to any of your questions I can "muster" :p

So that's all from Adventure of the Seas for now - Plenty more to come!

BRL

P.S. - JohnBob 7 - Horseracing is alive and well - it happens on Tuesday!

Dear BuyReallyLow,

I just realized, it is the courtyard marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort that we are staying precruise. They do have a beach as well as a swim up bar!

Can you tell us who the cruise director is? It was Richard Spacey. he is supposed to be a real "gas"!

Thanks,

Danish Beaty

P.S. also can you tell us if the ship stays on EST time or does it change to the island time?

Want to hear all about island excursions, interested in DePalm island on aruba.

Oh! This is getting me so excited for our vacation. We will be on the AOS Feb. 25!! Going 3 days precruise so can't wait!! Please let us know what you are doing at the ports. Not sure what to do in Curacao or Aruba. Thanks and have a wonderful cruise.

Greetings everyone!

So far so good - a wonderful ship, good staff, and pretty good weather! But a cruise is always what you make it - remember that YOU always create your own weather!

Next post - 1st Dinner comments, a Room Tour, and an answer to any of your questions I can "muster" :p

So that's all from Adventure of the Seas for now - Plenty more to come!

BRL

BRL -

You are somethin; else ! ! ! LOL ! ! ! Thanks for all the updates, maybe I'll see in passing next Sunday :p

At the moment, killin' myself trying to get packed, settle the house cleaning and make sure the kids are settled in with the host homes while I'm gone and that all my work is caught up so I don't feel guilty (heheheheh) leaving my coworkers. UGH .. .. Not enough time in the day ! !

Looking forward to your posts ! ! Above all else ... Have a GREAT TIME ! ! !

BRL,

Very happy that things are off to a great start, enjoy yourselves this week! And thanks for the horseracing update, glad to hear it.

Enjoy your sea day tomorrow, we'll keep an eye out for your updates.

bobj

I am curious to know, does the ship seem like it is filled to capacity. I have heard so many things about pushy people leaving out of San Juan how has that part been. I understand from some of the reviews people can be loud and pushy. I am on the ship in Feb and do not like pushy loud crowds (not my idea of a relaxing vaction) How the beds, no chance there is new bedding yet?

Hello everyone!

Well, we just finished watching the Opening Parade on the Prominade - not much to speak of - pretty small afare.

DanishBeauty - they are on Island Time - which is one hour ahead of East Coast Time. So if is just past midnight here on-board, it is just past 11 PM for you....

Football fans? They show one of the early games, and one of the late games. Not sure about the Sunday Night Game, since we were at the show....

The first dinner has not changed from our previous cruises. The main suggested course is herb-crusted Cod. There are of course other selections - I had the Cod AND the Prime Rib. For the apetizer I had Tuscan Tomato Soup, A Cesar Salad, and Hot Apple Pie with Ice-Cream for desert. The Cod was very good, as was the Prime Rib. No complaints at all.

The Muster Drill was.... well, a Muster Drill! Started at 8:30 - done by 8:40. The longest part was actually getting to your station and back to your room due to the crowds.... But it is always nice to "get it out of the way."

A couple of left-overs to clean up - the Captain is Olav Dunnar Nyseter. The Cruise Director is Richard Spacey, who of course led off the evening entertainment. The Entertainment tonight led off with Charlie Frye & Company, a husband & Wife Juggling Team. Not bad if your into that sort of thing..... the main star was the comedian Eric Lyden. He worked the crowd well (remember this is a 10:45 PM show...), but the crowd was a bit sparse. He got some laughs out of all of us - tomorrow night he has a show that is for "adults only". Not bad overall, but certainly could have been missed if your not into comedy.

Markf - we are in room 1314 - an Owners Suite named "Kilamonjaro" (sp?). It is wonderful! The flat screen plasma TV was nice to watch some of the game today, and when the weather turned a bit rainy, it was a nice place to spend time. A very nice perk is that the balcony is completely private! Plus the bathroom has two sinks, a glass shower that a guy like me (6'3") can actually stand UNDER the shower in, and a jacuzzi tub - did I mention the Bidet? It really is wonderful, and something that if your interested at all, would not hesitate to reserve for your next trip! We will be on Freedom in February, and are working on the Loyalty Ambassador to help us get at least a Grand Suite, if not an Owners again!

Let's see - did I miss anything? I'll be able to comment tomorrow on any change in bedding (DivaofDisney). Scher, I'll give you my opinion in a few days after I can get a better feel. I will continue to try to get to all your questions. On the next post, we'll give you the weather report from tomorrow AM, the "Sea Day" pool report, and a review of the upper 3 decks of the ship, as well as answer your questions. So good night from Adventure of the Seas!

BRL

P.S. - the drink of the day was Caribbian Breezer - it was $5.95 and you could keep the glass - the glass was a tall flute glass with "Royal Caribbean" on it and the RCCL symbol embedded in the glass bottom. Not too fancy, but certainly not bad!

BRL,

It is truely a wonderful thing you are doing by allowing all of us to be a part of your vacation and providing all of the wonderful details and answering questions. We also are going to be on the AOS on 14 Jan 07 sailing, and I'm keeping your messages to refer back to for reference. This is like reading a novel, and I can't wait to turn the page!

Thanks!

Greg

I am really enjoying reading your post. This post is like a big early Christmas Gift. I feel as if I am already cruising. We will be on the AOS April, 29th and we are also staying at the Courtyard by Mariott in Isle Verde. I have just a few questions.

1. Is the alcohol vendor still inside the terminal? We were hoping to purchase a few things prior to boarding.

2. What is the noise level like on deck 10? I will be staying in cabin 1589.

3. Did you have an opportunity to use the Solarium? If so, were there many children milling about?

4. Did I miss your post as to what ports you will be visitng? If sooo I am very very sorry. Could you list them again?

Thank You for taking the time to post. I am feeling really good about the AOS.:D

Daycare Provider

Hi there,

Thanks for posting from the AOS. We enjoyed sailing on her too!

I have a weird request.

Can you please purchase a Christmas Tree Ornament for me? I'll be glad to pay you for the time, shipping, and goodwill.

We're missing the AOS ship from our collection, and if you could buy one and ship it to me, I'd really appreciate it.

Its the larger of the ornaments, encased in plastic, on the shelf. Its about $20 ish.

If not, no worries :)

But I'd sure appreciate it if you could. I've asked a roll call, but am not sure if they'd be able to help either.

(by the way, you can't get these on Ebay or via RCCL gifts and gear ... I've tried!)

Enjoy your cruise! :D

So far a great cruise.

Weather today is great! We were up around 6 and walked the deck and had breakfeast in the windjammer.

The only disappointment that I have had so far is our room. We had an owners suit last year and this year we did a grand. Quite a difference in the room. We have cabin 1568 this year. No new bedding so far.

Buy real low - My husband also bought the interent package and it also did not work right. We talked to the conceirge about it and she told us to bring our laptop to the conceirge room were they have a wireless system.

At the muster drill it was announced that they would be enforcing ALL the rules for the comfort of everyone. So far everything has been great.

some of the other posts keep talking about the P.R people and how many of them there are and how pushy they are. Is this really a problem. We were on Seranade of the seas a few years back out of P.R and we didn't have anything like that. The ship was so big that we never really saw the kids. It was also their spring break which mean it should have been really bad. I hope it is good on AOS

First off, great posts, keep it up. We loved Adventure and have cruised her twice with March '06 being our most recent and will gladly go back any time. When you're enjoying the pool area today, be sure to see if Andel and Shaka are bartending - those guys are wildly entertaining, honestly friendly, and super attentive and were a memorable part of our trip. Beware of Andel's "holy water", better known as a long island iced tea!

P.S. - tried to upload the pictures, but it says they need to be "resized". Any of you know how to do that easily?

I don't think you mentioned whether you have your own laptop or not with you. If you do, and it has Windows.....

Go to 'Start', 'Programs', 'Accessories', 'Paint'.

Microsoft Paint is a mediocre picture and drawing program that is normally loaded free with most versions of Windows. [if you have a Mac, you will also have a Paint program.] It's relatively basic, but it can be used to downsize your camera pix to a small enough file with decent enough resolution for lo-res computer work. [if you are not running Windows XP, the sequence for opening Paint may be a little different, but you get the idea, (I hope).]

After starting the program, open a picture with it. Don't be alarmed at what it looks like on your screen as it may be greatly enlarged. Just go to "File, Save As..." and rename it, keeping it as a JPEG file. Close the file, and your renamed picture will be about 15% of the original size.

This will be managable enough for posting. The resolution will be fine as long as you are not going to blow it up into an 8 x 10 glossy! Always keep the original picture file for use later if you want to do anything fancy with it.

Happy Trails

Markf - we are in room 1314 - an Owners Suite named "Kilamonjaro" (sp?). It is wonderful! The flat screen plasma TV was nice to watch some of the game today, and when the weather turned a bit rainy, it was a nice place to spend time. A very nice perk is that the balcony is completely private! Plus the bathroom has two sinks, a glass shower that a guy like me (6'3") can actually stand UNDER the shower in, and a jacuzzi tub - did I mention the Bidet? It really is wonderful, and something that if your interested at all, would not hesitate to reserve for your next trip! We will be on Freedom in February, and are working on the Loyalty Ambassador to help us get at least a Grand Suite, if not an Owners again!

Buy- I have OS 1608 booked next Oct. Trying to get 1314 as it's on the hump so I'll keep trying. As for Freedom, get the OS! I was in an OS on Explorer and the Freedom OS is MUCH larger. It makes you feel like you're in a very large hotel suite with a balcony twice the size of Voyager class ships. Just awesome.

We loved the OS on Explorer (which should be the same as on AOS). Keep it comin'......

Archived