VOIP on QM2

resistk

Cunard has it covered. No VOIP allowed! They have thought of every little thing. I think the cost of internet is very high and probably would not bring my laptop again. I had trouble getting a wireless signal in some hotspots and the connections on their desktops was very slow. My only real complaint about QM2 was the information super highway robbery.

Judy

Cunard has it covered. No VOIP allowed! They have thought of every little thing. I think the cost of internet is very high and probably would not bring my laptop again. I had trouble getting a wireless signal in some hotspots and the connections on their desktops was very slow. My only real complaint about QM2 was the information super highway robbery.

Judy

Judy, were you able to use your laptop in your cabin? And if so, how was the connectivity speed there?

Thank you very much, and we're eagerly awaiting your review....

The was no signal in our cabin -- 10032. I was able to use it in the connexions area and once in the library. I was unable to use it in the library another time. I think they must have been having some technical difficulty. Other than being able to download a zillion photos daily, the laptop was more trouble than it was worth (I can't believe I just said that!) The whole point of a laptop is the portability of the thing. My latest has a 17" display and is not only extra heavy, but too large for any of my existing rolling laptop cases. I had to buy a new one. That, too, is even heavier than the old and larger. It didn't roll down the aisle of the plane. It had to be carried.

Review is coming. I am a bit overwhelmed by the return to reality.

Judy

The was no signal in our cabin -- 10032. I was able to use it in the connexions area and once in the library. I was unable to use it in the library another time. I think they must have been having some technical difficulty. Other than being able to download a zillion photos daily, the laptop was more trouble than it was worth (I can't believe I just said that!) The whole point of a laptop is the portability of the thing. My latest has a 17" display and is not only extra heavy, but too large for any of my existing rolling laptop cases. I had to buy a new one. That, too, is even heavier than the old and larger. It didn't roll down the aisle of the plane. It had to be carried.

Review is coming. I am a bit overwhelmed by the return to reality.

Judy

Judy, were you able to connect to the internet via the telephone in your cabin? I didn't have the impression that wireless connectivity was available in the cabins themselves.

Sorry to hear that taking the laptop didn't work out as planned for you, but at least you were able to store lots of photos.

We understand what you're saying about the return to reality, and we are looking forward very much to your review when you have time to post it.

Thanks for all of the helpful info!

Archived