May 9th, 2007 Explorer of the Seas Repo????

Latvish

Ok I have a question for all you fantastic cruisers out there.

I will be on the Explorer of the Seas from May 4th - May 9th, 2007.

But I can not find the ship sailing up to Bayonne for the May 11th, 2007 cruise.

Is there anyone that knows if there will be a 2 day sailing being offered for those people that just want to cruise up from Miami?

Any info would be appreciated.....

Since I will all ready be on it I might as well stay onboard for 2 more days:rolleyes:

Unfortunately there will be no repositioning cruise with paying passengers

for the Explorer next year.She will cruise empty to Bayonne just like the

Celebrity Constellation did last month(Bayonne to Fort Lauderdale)

Ok I have a question for all you fantastic cruisers out there.

I will be on the Explorer of the Seas from May 4th - May 9th, 2007.

But I can not find the ship sailing up to Bayonne for the May 11th, 2007 cruise.

Is there anyone that knows if there will be a 2 day sailing being offered for those people that just want to cruise up from Miami?

Any info would be appreciated.....

Since I will all ready be on it I might as well stay onboard for 2 more days:rolleyes:

I don't think so !!!! If WE can't stay on 2 days longer....YOU can't stay on it !!!!! Sheeeesh ..trying to pull a fast one on us ! :D

The EOS was repositioned last spring in the same way- with no passengers. I think it has something to do with some passenger law and transporting passengers between two US ports without visiting a distant location. If they wanted to move passengers with the ship they would have to visit a foreign port (and I've heard that Aruba is one that qualifies).

We just did the reposition cruise from NJ to Miami last month and went to Aruba and I think that is why.

The EOS was repositioned last spring in the same way- with no passengers. I think it has something to do with some passenger law and transporting passengers between two US ports without visiting a distant location. If they wanted to move passengers with the ship they would have to visit a foreign port (and I've heard that Aruba is one that qualifies).

We just did the reposition cruise from NJ to Miami last month and went to Aruba and I think that is why.

They could stop by Bermuda for 60 minutes.

According to an old statute call the Jones Act, no foreign flagged ship can sail between U.S. ports without stopping in at least one foreign port. I was also on the Explorer repo a few weeks ago and Aruba, Curacao or Ladabee (Haiti) would have qualified. This is the reason that Alaska cruises that leave from Seattle always make a brief stop in Vancouver and roundtrip cruises to Hawaii from California always make a brief stop in Ensenada.

Archived