Crew Numbers

brian_uk

Looking at the Oceania website it was interesting to note the following.

All 3 ships are identical but the crew numbers were as follows

Regatta......................410

Insignia......................373

Nautica......................400

Why the difference ?????

You can tell I am bored on a wet and windy afternoon in London.

Brian

:D

We really feel (ha ha) for you guys in England and Canada around this time of year!!

I believe they never know the exact number of crew members until they pull away from the pier. And the number may change along the way.

Regardless, the ratio of passenger to crew member is either 1/1.67; 1/1.7 or 1/1.83. This is a a key reason for everyone's comment on the good service on board.

If you check some of the mega ships the ratio is 1/3 or more. Celebrity is just about 1/2 and this is considered excellent for a non-luxury class line such as Crystal, Seabourne, SilverSeas, Regent SevenSeas etc. So Oceania is a very high scorer in a key passenger comfort area.

I was looking through the Press releases and Media packs and stumbled upon the various ship statistics including crew numbers.

Liat...please do not feel sorry for us here in World Headquarters, I remember being at The Marriott Camelback one early September and it was 125 degrees and we had to leave to go to Las Vegas where it was only 95 just to cool down. You have it much worse than us.

Well its now time to go out to a little Italian restaurant with friends where they have 7 staff for 42 diners a ratio of 1/6. Its gonna be slow.

Brian

I was looking through the Press releases and Media packs and stumbled upon the various ship statistics including crew numbers.

Liat...please do not feel sorry for us here in World Headquarters, I remember being at The Marriott Camelback one early September and it was 125 degrees and we had to leave to go to Las Vegas where it was only 95 just to cool down. You have it much worse than us.

Well its now time to go out to a little Italian restaurant with friends where they have 7 staff for 42 diners a ratio of 1/6. Its gonna be slow.

Brian

The record for Phoenix is 123 degrees, set in June 1993, I believe - but with about 0% humidity. still warm though.

Archived