? about the room service menu

Sandi149

Can I order regular room service stuff for breakfast? I really don't like "breakfast foods" and would be happier eating and sandwich? Can that be done, or do I have to order the continental breakfast?

Thanks. :)

The card you put on your door for room service brekkie does not have all the room service options.. you would have to call for those extras ..but they are available :)

The room service menu doesn't have traditional hot breakfast items on it anyway. It's all cold (besides coffee, tea, hot chocolate) things like yogurt, cereal, pastries and fruit. Come to think of it, they might have hot oatmeal. And as someone else recommended, try the BLT! The one thing they don't mention is what condiments other than lettuce and tomato come on the sandwiches. I was very disappointed to get the roast beef on a baguette smothered in some kind of spicy mustard. The featured dessert of the day is very good too if you know what they've served in the dining room. I know we're talking breakfast here, but hey!, it's vacation. :D

Great....looking forward to having the BLT....heard so many good things about it. Don't worry, I know to tip. :)

I also have another ?. Since you have to put that continental breakfast card on your door the evening before, how would that work with the "regular food". You see my husband would probably order the continental breakfast and I would order off of the regular room service menu. So would we call that morning for all the food or put the door hanger out the night before and add what I want to that card or just call again in the morning for my stuff?

Thanks.

Great....looking forward to having the BLT....heard so many good things about it. Don't worry, I know to tip. :)

I also have another ?. Since you have to put that continental breakfast card on your door the evening before, how would that work with the "regular food". You see my husband would probably order the continental breakfast and I would order off of the regular room service menu. So would we call that morning for all the food or put the door hanger out the night before and add what I want to that card or just call again in the morning for my stuff?

Thanks.

Myself personally I would call when I wake up for the BLT .. and whatever else you wanted.. you may have to tip a buck or two extra for the extra delivery.. but it is well worth it!

The room service menu doesn't have traditional hot breakfast items on it anyway. It's all cold (besides coffee, tea, hot chocolate) things like yogurt, cereal, pastries and fruit. Come to think of it, they might have hot oatmeal. And as someone else recommended, try the BLT! The one thing they don't mention is what condiments other than lettuce and tomato come on the sandwiches. I was very disappointed to get the roast beef on a baguette smothered in some kind of spicy mustard. The featured dessert of the day is very good too if you know what they've served in the dining room. I know we're talking breakfast here, but hey!, it's vacation. :D

Definitely going to try that BLT and there is a wrap that I would like to try. I don't really care for eggs, pancakes, waffles and would much prefer to have a sandwich :D

Myself personally I would call when I wake up for the BLT .. and whatever else you wanted.. you may have to tip a buck or two extra for the extra delivery.. but it is well worth it!

Approx. how long do you think it would take to get the "other stuff". Say we put on the breakfast card that we want hubby's breakfast to be delivered at 8:30. What time would I have to call for my BLT or other sandwhich? Do you think if I called at 8 they would both arrive at the same time or close to it?

I'm thinking of doing this only on port days so we can speed things up. On sea days, I would go up to the dining room and order fruit. Or in the dining room can you get those BLT's for breakfast too or only the breakfast foods?

Such decisions....life should only be fillled with these types of decisions right? :)

Kick hubby out of bed and make him go to the Lido to pick up hot/cold/whatever foods and bring back to cabin to serve to you. No tip required. :p

That would be fantastic if they started serving at 5am:D ;) but they don't on the Lido deck:eek:

Approx. how long do you think it would take to get the "other stuff". Say we put on the breakfast card that we want hubby's breakfast to be delivered at 8:30. What time would I have to call for my BLT or other sandwhich? Do you think if I called at 8 they would both arrive at the same time or close to it?

I'm thinking of doing this only on port days so we can speed things up. On sea days, I would go up to the dining room and order fruit. Or in the dining room can you get those BLT's for breakfast too or only the breakfast foods?

Such decisions....life should only be fillled with these types of decisions right? :)

I wouldn't bother with the card, just call up and order everything at one time. Seems like it would be easier to me. That way the food would arrive at the same time for sure

call and order everything at once (breakfast and blt). i think it would confuse them if you put the card out AND called.

it can take a while to get it even with the card. i gave up on the morning room service when they came 45 minutes late, twice in a row (and that was just ordering coffee with the card hanger).

Kick hubby out of bed and make him go to the Lido to pick up hot/cold/whatever foods and bring back to cabin to serve to you. No tip required. :p

Now THAT is an idea!!!! I never thought of that. Thank you very much!!! :D

Doesnt take long at all... you can order all at once if you pls... or order the coffee first.. tis up to you.. I know that if I am not awake for the 6am coffee the knocking at the door wakes me.. then I can call for the BLT's and such.. but hey too each their own right:p ;)

At breakfast hours they don't have sandwiches, although they do have bread, butter, assorted meats and cheeses. Lettuce and sliced tomatoes might be a little hard to find - but I never really looked for. Maybe you could snag any missing ingredients at lunchtime and keep in ziplocks in your refrigerator.

Or have them make you a sandwich and just keep it in your refrigerator.

LOL....been there....done that!! It certainly works for me :D .

DH often goes out for an early morning walk - and sometimes he finds "treats" that he brings back to the cabin. Easier for him to do this on ships that had the trays - and they last couple have not.

But either way I think it is a GREAT way to address the OP's questions!!!

LOL....been there....done that!! It certainly works for me :D .

DH often goes out for an early morning walk - and sometimes he finds "treats" that he brings back to the cabin. Easier for him to do this on ships that had the trays - and they last couple have not.

But either way I think it is a GREAT way to address the OP's questions!!!

Never been on a Carnival ship that didn't have trays and I've been on a number of them. Maybe it was too early?

Next time, if you see any trays, you can snag an extra couple to store in the room for such contingencies.

Sandi - You don't 'have' to put the b'fast card on the door. Just order whatever you want for both of you by phone. I've never had to wait over 5-10 minutes for any room service order. (And yes, be sure to tip $1-2 each time they make a delivery.)

From what I understand, there's no problem getting anything on the room service menu delivered at any time of the day or night....unless it specifies a time frame, which I haven't noticed.;)

Archived