Spirit Class Cat 11 Staterooms(CTLC)

Sharkin97

Hi all,

Cruising next weekend on Pride, 4th Deck, Cat 11 Suite. Had to upgrade to the suite because I just found I am deploying to Iraq in Jan, and had to move up our honeymoon from Dec 31 sailing. CCL was going to charge me thru the nose to simply change dates and maintain same room catagory... it was cheaper to upgrade and change.(CTLC Special)

If anyone has stayed in a cat 11 room on Spirit Class, or more specifically Pride, any room specific suggestions/ tips/ info would be greatly appreciated. And yes, there will be adult beverages in the baggage.( If the CTLC Club had membership cards, I'd have three.) Anyhow... room specific stuff.... do I need the bungee cord for the balcony door, the electric strip, etc. (( These message boards are great, and I fully plan on a cruise upon my return home! Thanks All! { even the non-members of the CTLC}))

If you will be sailing with us next weekend, pls feel free to contact me at sharkin97 at that Yahoo! place..... I am certain this will be a very extroverted cruise for us as our situation is rather saddening. We would LOVE to dine with some new friends and meet some cool folks to hang out with both onboard and ashore.... if we dont, I am afraid we will dwell too much on my unexpected departure for duty abroad.... and... well.... thats just a bummer.....

Hi Sharkin97

My Heart Goes Out To You and Your Wife, being Deployed and All. My DH has been in the Airforce and Air National Guard for 23 Years now--He's down to his last year. Anyway--You Guys will just Love the Suites on the PRIDE! They are Nice and Roomy, they have a liitle Sitting Area, Double Sinks in the Bathroom and what I like about the Suite is it has a separate makeup mirror are between the room and the Bathroom where Your Wife can do her Hair and spread out her Makeup and Toiletries--seems like they have pocket doors for privacy, and of course the Balcony--The Balcony is Wonderful in the Evening to go out and look up at the Stars and Make A Wish. My Husband and I Really like All the Space in the Suites. You might want to consider ordering a few "Bon Voyage" Gifts-- like A Dozen Red Roses, a Bottle of Champagne and Chocolate Dipped Strawberries to have waiting in your Suite upon your Arrival. You Guys are going to have So Much Fun and The PRIDE is a Beautiful Ship!

Cheers!

Julie

Hi Sharkin97

We just returned from the Pride and had a cat. 11 suite. The

suites are big and roomy. You can take a bungee cord if you

want to keep the door open and we took an electric stip but

did not use it. If you are planing on useing a lot of ice, then tip

the cabin stewart an extra $20.00 when you meet him or her for

the first time and tell him you need a cooler for your cabin. We

always do this and it works. Also if you can think of anything else

you may need on the cruise, this is the time to ask. You can ask

them to remove everything from the fridge so you can use it

for other things.

I agree with June and order some Bon Voyage" Gifts. The roses

are a special touch, my girlfriend LOVED hers, and they will last

the whole week. Be sure to bring the vase home.

If you want to meet other CC's, go to the roll call section of this

borad and look for roll call for your cruise.

Lastly, I want to THANK YOU for defending our GREAT COUNTRY.

JR

Dude, if you have a Deck 4 suite, you have either the after corner suite (the BEST cabins on the ship!) or the rooms next door - also VERY nice. Those have a longer balcony - lots of room for an actual deck chair - and you can peek around the aft balcony divider and get the view of most of the aft cabins' viewpoint - good for picture-taking in and out of ports. You are also next to a direct stairway outside to the promenade on deck 3, and a service stairway up to Lido. The dining rooms are right under you, so it is quiet at night. Also, they have real queen-size beds, I believe - not two twins pushed together. Bathroom has full tub with jacuzzi jets, and there's a large dressing area. You also have a DVD player... You shouldn't need a power strip for regualr needs, but an extension cord to run a stereo on the balcony might be useful - that side balcony has more privacy than an aft or corner balcony... ;)

I agree with the roses thing (but family members can do that for you as a sailaway gift, too), but not the champagne - what they give you is overpriced and undervintaged, and the steward will find you a bucket of ice for a nice tip, if you bring your own in a cooler bag. (You ARE allowed to openly bring some wine/champagne for sailaway.)

I hope you got the Military/veterans' discount? If not, call and demand it...

Have a great cruise, and keep your head down!

Many thanks for the heartfelt replies of best wishes, and great tips. I shall indeed take a bungee for the door, but not a multi-outlet strip.

As for a military discount.... I dont wanna go there, really... I mean.... might I offend Parrotdave if I get a cheaper price and affect Carnival's business model?? ((LMAO))

Really, at this point in time, I dont really care. I got a BOHICA last monday, the kind with the " 40 Grit sandpaper condom with exploding reservoir tip"..... I am not really worried about myself or my wife.... but rather I pray I am the right leader for those with whom I will be entrusted. Clearly that keeps me up at night. I KNOW that I will be taking a cruise with some of you all in the late winter/ early spring of 2008... and what a party that will be.... but I will have forty to sixty sailors ( yes, the Navy is 'boots on ground') that I have to ensure also have the opportunity to board next year as well. These Sailors are the sons, daughters, wives, husbands, sisters and brothers of folks I will meet on my cruise, and/ or post here on this board. Thats a tall glass of water...

Sorry, kind of off topic there... maybe needed to vent a little. Also learned NOT to get the froofroo in the take-home glasses.... just get el cheapo plastic bar cup and save a buck r' two....

What do you all think about paying the premium for the Supper Club? Is the EXPERIENCE worth it? Is it something you would absolutely do on every cruise, or is it more of a novelty? I am not too worried about food quality.. I am a Sailor... I have eaten worse while at sea, I am certain!

Hi Sharkin 97!

Yes--Definantly make Reservations at the Supper Club as soon as You board the Ship! Tell them when making your Reservation that You are on Your Honeymoon! Make sure You have an Appetite when You go because they serve Large, Delicious Portions! The Supper Club is a Delightful Dining Experience--It's allot of Fun! ENJOY!

Cheers!

Julie

Archived