Spring Break 2007?

SusieV

I am currently booked on the Feb 19 sailing of Century and we were thinking of adding the Feb 15 sailing to do a B2B. But for some reason that 4 night sailing is ridiculously expensive compared to all the other cruises- it's even significantly more than our current 5 night booking!

Is that a spring break week or something in the USA? Why would the Feb 15 sailing be so pricey compared to the others?

Should I expect the price to drop before sailing? We haven't booked airfare yet because we're waiting to see what to do about the second cruise.

Hi Susie,

Yep, you guessed it...the weekend that begins Friday Feb. 16th is "President's Weekend" that features a long weekend/Monday holiday for most Americans...undoubtedly, not a big holiday for Canada! Many parts of the U.S., specifically I know that the northeast states like Massachusetts, Connecticut and at least parts of NY have a week of school vacation the week of Monday 2/19/07. Many of us that that time to ski! But many also fly south...flights in/out of Miami flying north to NY, Boston and other cities will be expensive and full. You will likely see many Yankees and Red Sox hats on your sailing and lots of kids (lovely, well-behaved ladies and gentlemen, I hope : )) You may have much better pricing and availability (and many fewer kids) going for the sailing following your 2/19.

We're sailing on the Century for our April school vacation week...since we're one of those skiing families. Can't wait for some sunshine after our long winter here in Boston. Enjoy!

Lynne

Oh no... that kind of puts paid to my hopes of doing a B2B... schedules won't permit us to do the 5 night sailing following ours :(

Obviously no, not a holiday here :)

So I shouldn't be holding my breath for a price drop, I assume? There still seems to be plenty of cabins left.

Surprisingly, our Feb 19th cruise seems to be selling out. Although at $300ish pp I guess that isn't too surprising.

Oh well! I'm a little disappointed though.

Archived