Conquest Review 11/26 sailing

Stevepse

Oh....plllllleeeeaaassseee don't tell me that it was cold the whole cruise!!! We're going in Feb. on the Conquest and the whole reason for going in Feb. is to get away from the depressing gray weather we have every year.....I hate February!!!

Wasn't it warm in Jamaica and Grand Cayman and Cozumel? Throw me a bone....

The only day that it was even close to cool was on Satuday. Get real. And that was because of the cold front that got down in the gulf, it dumed 3inches of ice and 8 inches of snow at my house here in Oklahoma. The cruise was wonderful. I have been on the Conquest 3 times, Jan 04, March 05, and Nov,06. They were all good.

The only day that it was even close to cool was on Satuday. Get real. And that was because of the cold front that got down in the gulf, it dumed 3inches of ice and 8 inches of snow at my house here in Oklahoma. The cruise was wonderful. I have been on the Conquest 3 times, Jan 04, March 05, and Nov,06. They were all good.

Although it might have rained a little and was cool the last day, for the most part it was very nice and not too hot. I wore shorts and T-shirts every day. I did not go in the pool on Saturday though. I was very happy to miss the snow and sleet that North Texas got :D

I have to agree about Jamaica!

I LOVED Jamaica, it was my favorite place ever! I don't go on vacation to shop. My kids and I took a cab straight to Sunset Beach and we had a blast! I would love to go there again. If you have a plan you don't get hassled, and I was a single mom traveling with two kids - which some would consider a perfect easy target.

(My wife and I were on the 11/26 cruise) I have read horror stories about Jamaica from this web site. However, we did not experience any thing but a wonderful experience. Instead of going to Sunset Beach as we planned, Elliott, our taxi driver talked us into a Jamaican tour. I am so glad he did. The short story is, we met a young couple looking for a similar adventure - away from the tourist traps. A taxi driver (Elliott) from the "back of the line" got my attention and talked us into a tour. so the four of us set out with him. From all the horror stories, I was expecting to get ripped off. Elliott took us through Montego Bay, up to the rain forest, down to Negril and back to MB for some shopping- and got us back on time. The trip taught me to appreciate what I have and that what I read on the boards was a narrow perspective. Yes, Jamaica is a poor country, however it is a very friendly country. Elliott was a blast - he showed us the real Jamaica - the small farms, the friendly people, the beautiful rain forest, the fantastic beaches (Bourbon beach and it's Jerk chicken) and the effort to build the country into a tourist resort. Yes, we saw Ganga being sold by one person, however we were also offered fresh bananas and other fruit, sugar cane, water coconuts and other local legal commodities. IF YOU EVER GO TO MB OR NEGRIL JAMAICA (flying in or cruise port), CALL ELLIOT AT 876-391-1601 AND MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH HIM TO DRIVE YOU ANYWHERE YOU NEED. HE WAS A WONDERFUL TOUR GUIDE AND A GREAT HOST. He definitely showed us a different side of Jamaica.

Archived