free air and doing custom air

Petoonya

We recently booked Regatta for April 2005 Mediterranean on the free air promotion. We're also paying the extra $100 fee pp to pre-select the flights we want. My TA submitted our air requests and the person handling air/sea requests gave this reply:

"I do not have fares for this sailing in our system as of yet I will work on this and I will get back to you."

I'm a little puzzled as the "fares" shouldn't matter if we booked this under the "free air" program should it? My wonderful TA has yet to receive an answer from Oceania about it...have had some good experiences and bad with other cruise lines air/sea dept's and this reply makes me concerned...any thoughts? Are there only certain flights/routing that I can request with Oceania??

Thanks a lot!

I'm sure that one of the TAs on this board can give you a definitive answer. But it is my understanding that you pay an air deviation fee plus the difference, if any, in the fares. In other words, if you select flights that cost more than the ones Oceania would have booked under the "free air" promotion, you have to make up the difference. You can request any flights that you want, but they won't all be free.

Archived