Availability of bottled Liquor

dabear

I occasionally like to have a cocktail on our balcony or invite guests into our cabin for a drink. Do you know if any of the ship's stores sell bottles of vodka (at a duty free price)? I know we can buy it in ports but on our cruise in Feb. we will be at sea the first few days and just wanted to know my options.

On our recent Med Trip (Venice to Barcelona) on Regatta I asked our Butler to provide us with three bottles of Liquor (Bacardi Rum, JW Red and Beefeater). The price was $30 per bottle. So, yes, you can purchase on board, but certainly not at duty free prices. Frankly, we over did the purchase as we wound up bringing two bottles home . . . very carefully packed in our checked luggage. Expensive yes . . . but, you're on vacation.

We had a wonderful cruise with four of our good friends. It was great to see Barcelona on this past weeks showing of The Amazing Race !!

Rich & Merlyn:)

On our recent Med Trip (Venice to Barcelona) on Regatta I asked our Butler to provide us with three bottles of Liquor (Bacardi Rum, JW Red and Beefeater). The price was $30 per bottle. So, yes, you can purchase on board, but certainly not at duty free prices. Frankly, we over did the purchase as we wound up bringing two bottles home . . . very carefully packed in our checked luggage. Expensive yes . . . but, you're on vacation.

We had a wonderful cruise with four of our good friends. It was great to see Barcelona on this past weeks showing of The Amazing Race !!

Rich & Merlyn:)

I misquoted the price. Each bottle was $60 through the Butler/Room Service. As noted, they do not sell liquor in their "store." Taking a bottle or two on board is certainly the way to go. Oceania does not require that you buy their liquor (tho, as we all know, they reserve that right).

thx sfbear (are we related bears?). While I don't mind paying a little xtra for convenience, I think $60/btl has made up my mind to buy something in Miami. Even if we leave 1/2 a btl on board at the end of the cruise, we will be way better off

Archived