Bringing soda cans on the plane

FondofKoi

You can't bring a case of soda or any other liquid onboard your flight if you purchased it before you go through the airport security. I haven't noticed any shops past the security check-in at airports that sell soda by the caseload, so you may have to wait until you land at your departure port and buy it before you board the ship. Frankly the weight of a case of soda in my carryon, even if it is on wheels, is something I would rather avoid dealing with, but that is a decision I leave to you and I think that I would pay for the card if only for its convenience rather than constantly going back to my stateroom to get my soft drinks.

39 days and counting!!!!!! I have a question about the new no liquid laws. Can I bring a case of soda in my carry on with me on the plane or no? I am kinnda cheap and would like to save the $50 coke card fee. Thanks

You cannot take one soda through security, let alone a whole case. You need to either put it in your checked luggage or buy it at your departure port. Also, think about how much time you will be aboard ship. If you are going to be in port a lot, do you really want to be lugging around 2 or 3 cokes in your back-pack/day-bag every day?

A can of soda is only $1.50--will that break the bank???? It's really not worth it, IMO, to be lugging liquids onboard! Mind you, we don't guzzle soda, so a few cans (shared with hubby) go a long way--on our last 10 day cruise, we purchased 3 cans between the 2 of us. There's water, lemonade, tea, coffee, etc... and of course---BEER!!! Never went thirsty!

Great point on both accounts. Cokes are too heavy to lugg around and I am too lazy to go to stateroom every five seconds. Guess I will suck it up and get the card.

If you get the soda card, you can only have "fountain soda" no cans. Just so you know in case you don't like that kind of soda. ;)

Personally, I need my Diet Pepsi the way others need their coffee or beer! Since it's not available on the ship, I'll need to lug at least a 12 pack onboard since we don't come to a port to replenish the supply for 4 days. Hope there's a place to buy that at the Port of Miami! Anyone kno:confused: w of a place near the Holiday Inn there?

Personally, I need my Diet Pepsi the way others need their coffee or beer! Since it's not available on the ship, I'll need to lug at least a 12 pack onboard since we don't come to a port to replenish the supply for 4 days. Hope there's a place to buy that at the Port of Miami! Anyone kno:confused: w of a place near the Holiday Inn there?

Hi, Walgreen's and a Liquor store near it

On E. Flagler St off of Biscayne Blvd.

There is a Walgreen's(sells lots of snacks and things) on the left and there is a

BIG liquor store on the right further down the street a little bit.

That is where the ships workers all shop.

Walgreen's prices are very high.

The liquor store prices were good when I shopped there in September.

Liquor Downtown

207 E Flagler Street

Miami, FL 33131-1301

Go out the hotel and go right about 3 blocks. (E. Flagler St off of Biscayne Blvd) Make a right and Walgreen's is down on the left of the street. The Liquor store is further down on the right.;)

Archived