Transportation to Diamond Princess from LAX

CrusinAgain

It just dawned on me if the Princess transfer is not taken and a shuttle or taxi is taken instead, then tips for the transportation via taxi or shuttle along with tips to the porter who takes your bags must be figured into the transfer transportation costs. Is this correct?

I honestly had no complaints with the regular Princess transfers which I used between LAX and the ship this September/October.The slow down part was disembarking from the ship nothing to do with the coaches that were waiting for us.I was very pleasantly surprised after reading all the different comments before my cruise....Oh and I am using Princess transfers again through LAX return this January.:)

Thank you both very much. Now that Super Shuttle requires advance payment and I forgot that Super shuttle and the port person needs tipping, I decided to go with the Princess transfer. I have no idea when our plane comes in since Princess Air was cheaper for once than booking on my own. Will let everyone know when we come back if the transportation service they use has improved.

Thank you both very much. Now that Super Shuttle requires advance payment and I forgot that Super shuttle and the port person needs tipping, I decided to go with the Princess transfer. I have no idea when our plane comes in since Princess Air was cheaper for once than booking on my own. Will let everyone know when we come back if the transportation service they use has improved.

I did give a tip to the guys who took my luggage off the coach to the ship and also when the coach driver took my luggage off the coach at LAX terminal

You'll be fine with Princess transportation. I've taken it several times, including cruises to/from LAX or FLL, and haven't had a bad experience yet. I don't mind having someone take my luggage and sit on a bus for a few minutes while others juggle their luggage while they try to flag down a taxi. Almost always, when I've taken Princess transfers, the bus has left within 5 - 10 minutes and they put you on a bus by airline, so you don't have to wait for a shuttle to stop at several different terminals before they get to yours.

Archived