Need for visa in St. Petersburg

cadreamer

wandb - I wanted to tell you that a visa is not required in St. Petersburg if you go on a private tour. It is the same as taking the ship's tours and I believe you will find it much more enjoyable and informative. I did this in 2005 and highly recommend doing this port with a private tour.

Thanks, cadreamer---We will probably do one of the private company tours---leaning toward Denrus. I know that they provide the visa for us. However, the visa I need to know about is the Czech Republic. One poster said no and one said yes. Guess I'll find some official site and find out!:)

If you are traveling with a tour company in St Petersburg, wheather it is through your cruise line or obtained privately (eg. Den Rus etc.) you do not need to obtain a visa. You only need a visa if you want to tour on your own, which I do not advise due to the logistics of getting around on your own in some of the worst traffic in the world. We used Den Rus, had six people in a van that we set met on this website, had a great time.

Archived