certs needed for cruise

Garv816

I've asked this in two other areas but no response, so here it goes. My husband and I plan to use our birth certs for our cruise. I was told I needed to bring my marriage cert too, to verify name change. Is that true? Or is our birth certs and photo ID's enough, I don't want to be stuck watching the ship leave the port without me.:eek: TIA

Just to be safe, I'd bring a copy of your marriage license as well. I know when folks I've known have flown that they've occasionally needed it. Might be the same for the cruise. Better safe than sorry, as they say. :)

Have a great cruise!

You will not need you MC, I even have a different last name that my DH and a different last name on my BC.

Even if you look on the Carnival site it will tell you that you only need your DL & BC.

They will be matching the date on your BC to the date on your DL and the name on you DL to the name on your cruise docs so as long as the name on your DL matches the name on your Docs exactly, that your good to go.

Now if you have recently been married and the name on the docs is your married name and the name on your DL is maiden name than you will need a MC or just call the cruiseline and have them change the last name before you cruise.

Certs have now been approved in carry on luggage by the TSA (transportation saftey guys). Be sure to get the certs with 2 drops of retsin, whatever retsin is. I prefer mouthwash, minty.. not mediciny, whatever mediciny really is.

I've asked this in two other areas but no response, so here it goes. My husband and I plan to use our birth certs for our cruise. I was told I needed to bring my marriage cert too, to verify name change. Is that true? Or is our birth certs and photo ID's enough, I don't want to be stuck watching the ship leave the port without me.:eek: TIA

Take your passport and if you don't have one get one.

Only if you are FLYING into the United States. Cruise pax can still use a Birth Cretificate. But get the passport anyway, as you will need it in '08.

... or if you miss your ship in a port of call, for some reason. In that case, you would have to fly home. The airlines won't even allow you to board a US-bound flight without a passport.

There are a number of reasons why you might miss the ship, some your own fault, some not. But why make such an unfortunate occurrence even worse, by not having a passport.

Paul Noble

Guest kookylabooka
no, this is not true... you need to have a passport by Jan 2008. look at the web site......:rolleyes:

Yes,this is true. JAN2007 for air travel. JAN2008 for sea & land travel....:rolleyes:

Archived