Crown Questions

rojoand8

My DH is giving me the choice of one night at the Crown Grill or the Balcony Dinner. Which one is better? Also what is the Sanctuary? Is that the pool everyone says not to tell anyone about because it's not crowded?

There is a fee associated with the sanctuary, I've read it on other posts but can't seem to remember. I think $10 for a half day on port days and $15 for a half day on sea days. I wasn't paying too much attention because I will be at the kiddie pool. :D

Since I am very well acquainted with both the CROWN GRILL and The SANCTUARY I feel I am very able to answer your question. Not knowing you I have no idea whether you would rather eat or relax the most so I will just tell you about both places.

THE CROWN GRILL - located by the photo booths and Club Fusion and the Explorers lounge (very easy to find and navigate on this ship) It's beautifully decorated in deep mahogany and comfortable chairs and romantic lighting. There are tables for large parties and small tables for intimate dining. It's not as small as you think when you see it because there are additional seats in the back of the resturant. The service was attentive and friendly and knowledgeable if you had any questions about the food because they have already tasted everything on the menu just to be able to answer you. Food was delicious - you are in a specialty resturant - paying extra $$ so you would think it would be as good as promised and it is. My group of 10 was in there for a few hours and they never, ever rushed us. It was an experience I wouldnt mind having again. Also, you can order anything and everything on the menu. For our group he served us family style so we got to taste EVERYTHING!!!! At the end, the waiters served us every dessert on the menu so we could all try them. DELICIOUS!! I have no idea what the UBD would be so I can't answer you.

The SANCTUARY: I spent a few hours there on a port day by myself and my group of 10 spent the entire last sea day there and for $20 we had the place from 8:30 - 5:30. We are all in our 50's with no little kids in tow so this place was heaven on earth for us. There are big comfortable lounge chairs with padding better than some mattresses I've seen. There is simple, tranquil music playing softly in the background. It is a large open area with mesh tarp above you so as to let filtered light in and air. There are also outdoor loung chairs if you like the sun. There are floor to ceiling windows that always have openings so for our last day we were lulled to sleep by the cool breezes and motion of the ship. I even had the staff turn my chair around so I could face the windows. The staff are very attentive also and are there with lemon water, iced face towels and extra towels if you need them. There are tents set up if you choose to have a spa massage booked - (you can have it there). For a slight fee you can have lunch brought up to you there or you can come and go as you please. I remember all of us going to breakfast at 8:30 and lunch at 1PM then spending the rest of day lounging, having drinks and reading and chatting it up. There is a pool right beneath the Sanctuary that is near the spa and you can use that all day if you want. It is down one short flight of steps, outside and GORGEOUS. This is a very quiet, relatively well kept secret since its way at the front of the ship. I would book this cruise again simply to use the Sanctuary...so once again If it were me....I would tell my husband to let it ride and go to BOTH PLACES!!! ENJOY...you only live once.

:)

Archived