Yikes! We may be pregnant...

ASaville05

My DH and I just booked our first cruise aboard the Carnival Conquest 08/05/07, but we recently found out that we may be blessed with our first lil one. Does anyone have any info about getting our deposit back if we are unable to cruise? Has anyone cruised pregnant? Is there a time frame where it is prohibited to travel? What about infants on board?

Nothing is definate due to the fact my doc is out on vacation til the New Year.

Any info helps

Thanks!

PREGNANCY POLICY

Please be advised that guests who are 27 weeks or more into their pregnancy at the time of the voyage will not be permitted to sail because of the risk of premature labor.

Carnival will refund your deposit up to 90 days before you sail. If you went through a travel agent there could be a cancellation fee.

Infants must be at least four (4) months old to be eligible to travel, due to their vulnerable health. This is a company policy which takes into consideration the safety and comfort of the infant as well as the other guests. Carnival has fully researched the legality of the policy and it is not discriminatory and does not violate any applicable law. Carnival will not make exceptions and do not allow for the signing of waivers or releases to make an exception to the policy.

Fly-Aweigh infants (4 to 23 months of age) will be charged the "Cruise-Only" rate as long as the infant sits on a parent's lap on the airplane. If an airline seat is requested by the parent, then the infant will be charged the standard Fly-Aweigh rate. When an infant reaches 24 months of age, an airline ticket is required by the airlines.

My DH and I just booked our first cruise aboard the Carnival Conquest 08/05/07, but we recently found out that we may be blessed with our first lil one. Does anyone have any info about getting our deposit back if we are unable to cruise? Has anyone cruised pregnant? Is there a time frame where it is prohibited to travel? What about infants on board?

Any info helps

Thanks!

Congratulations. not 100% sure, but i believe full refunds are given until very close to (if not the time) that payment in full is required. pymt in full due dates (as well as deposit amounts) fluctuate depending upom the length of your cruise. check the carnival website or the back of the carnival book for specifics. if you are pregnant, seems like you'll be too far along to even want to go (you'll probably be too uncomfortable). i say once you find out, try (if you can) to do the cruise sooner (even if it's a diffrerent ship and itinerary), that way you get to enjoy both the cruise and the baby! :)

I'll toss you a different idea... simply change the sailing date for when the newest little cruiser is say 6 mos to a year old..... Momma will like the get away and the newest cruiser will be old enough!!!

Congrats on Parenthood... it's a lie time job!

John

You can get a full refund up until I think the final payment is due... The samething happened to my friend she booked with us only to find out 1 month later that she was pregnant.... with twins at that... well Congrats to you and your husband..... God Bless....

Any info helps

Thanks!

first, CONGRATS!!

BUT.... if you are indeed pregnant, and your cruise is not until August, if my calculations are right, you should have the baby by this date or very close to it!!! If that's the case, then the infant will be way too young to cruise...

As far as getting your deposit back, you can get a full refund up to 72 days prior to the actual cruise date....

Any info helps

Thanks!

The over the counter tests work pretty well, and at least you'll know.(you'll know to start taking vitamins, and make any other lifestyle changes you need to have an healthy pregnancy)) My DD is 19 and I used a OTC test and it was correct and I was only 2 wks at the time!

congrads! thanks for the thread. My DS & DIL are expecting their first and we were wondering if she would be able to still make our March cruise. She's due in June, so they had to cancel this morning. I am also looking to see if maybe moving it to President Day week, DD would only miss 4 days of of school. We're so happy and so sad at the same time, we had planned this family cruise at the beginning of the year, but what a joy we are about to expect!!

You all have offered some great info. Thanks. My DSIL also has new born, and was curious if a nine month old in tow would be more hassle than its worth. (i.e. with the heat would baby and mommy both be miserable, are there activities for such a young child or daycare?) Or would it be better for her and baby both to get grandparents to care for her at home during the cruise?

I have also taken steps to insure that if I am prego, both lil bit and I will be healthy. In the past I have gotten mixed results using otc tests, but I did go ahead and test. Negative, however, my body says other wise...

Congrats!

Can you go on a cruise sooner? Take a BABY MOON! That's the new thing- the last hurrah as a couple.

We're actually taking our cruise as an end to birth control celebration before we start trying for our first. :D I was tempted to start trying sooner, but those foo foo drinks and the thought of possible morning sickness while cruising stopped me from doing so! ;)

Congratulations, again!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the run-down on your medical charts. :rolleyes: Wouldn't this be better on the family cruising boards?

Wow! My First flame!!! I thought for sure the that the topic "Yikes! I may be pregnant... " was a dead give away and would help limit the number of views to those who would actually give VALUABLE information.

Thanks for the run-down on your medical charts. :rolleyes: Wouldn't this be better on the family cruising boards?

LOL, I'm not 100%, but I think what it means is that the pregnancy test was right, and they aren't pregnant, and they can go on their cruise... but they might conceive, and name their kid lil bit :D

Wow! My First flame!!! I thought for sure the that the topic "Yikes! I may be pregnant... " was a dead give away and would help limit the number of views to those who would actually give VALUABLE information.

Be that as it may, you may get the information you're looking for on the family boards.

Be that as it may, you may get the information you're looking for on the family boards.

Liv you're hilarious! I have seen more objectionable verbage on the topless threads, but I don't see you complaining there! :D

And since she is not "in the family way," I don't think the family boards would be of much help to her at this point.

Liv you're hilarious! I have seen more objectionable verbage on the topless threads, but I don't see you complaining there! :D

And since she is not "in the family way," I don't think the family boards would be of much help to her at this point.

Hey...I just think posting the med info is just TMI but again that's JMO. :) What topless thread have you been reading? I haven't read one objectionable post on said thread.

Well if she's not, she should stop by the thread...there were a couple instructional posts on conception.:p

Men (and many ladies :p LOL) would rather just here the words "we're not pregnant"... you throw the word menstruating in there and their eyes glaze over and they get that pit in the stomach... :p

The NEW doc I went to said I am having a non menstrating ovulatory cycle meaning I am A OKAY to sail! Maybe lil bit will be concieved on our vacation;). Thanks for all your thoughts and comments, it has helped tremendously!:p

Way TMI.

The over the counter tests work pretty well, and at least you'll know.

Claim: In the days when the "rabbit test" was used to determine if a woman was pregnant, the rabbit's death was an indicator of a positive result.

from

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/rabbit.htm

In old-time pregnancy tests, did the rabbit really die?

from

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a970704.html

:eek: *gasp* is there a topless thread that I missed???

Geeeeeeeeeeeezzz...someone uses a few big medical words and people freak out...live relax have a beer and block it out then....if you didn't want to know then why did you read it??? LOL :rolleyes: heheheheh

It's 5 o'clock somewhere monkey man!! :D

Archived